3Likes
  • 2 Post By lacrima
  • 2 Post By binbin9
  • 2 Post By Zoidburg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Any stores worth visiting in Washington?

Driving up through i5 from Oregon and heading to an area near Everett. Might even consider crossing the border for part of a day and visiting the cities in BC not far from i5.

Just looking for any other stores, fish or bird/parrot related that might be worth visiting from Vancouver, WA to Vancouver, BC, and anything along the route! Someone mentioned Aquarium Zen and Aquarium Co-Op. Looking primarily for fish stores that deal a lot in plants and shrimp! Or maybe a fun bird store to check out?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 04:29 PM

You've mentioned the two coolest shops. Aquarium co-op is an all planted tank store with good variety of south american fish and puffers. Aquarium Zen is the local all planted ADA shop. They tend to have some more interesting plants than the other stores such as buce and unique crypts etc.

The Fish Store on lake city way is also potentially worth checking out. Pretty good balance of fish and plants.

Skip Midway, that store isn't in great shape right now in my humble opinion. Then again it's an easy stop off I5 and they have a parrot and bird stuff which I know nothing about.

I visited in Sierra in Renton last night and was surprised, that store has whipped its self in to shape somewhat. The livestock selection was impressive compared to what I remember a year ago.

But yep, the co-op and zen are the two I'd hit for sure.
Zoidburg and Zoidburg like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 04:12 AM
Algae Grower

Aw, I used to live right next to the Sierra before they moved to Renton. I loved going in there when I was a kid, it was what got me into aquaria!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Aquarium Zen is the shizzle in Seattle. All planted tanks. Great scaping
Zoidburg and Zoidburg like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Did visit Aquarium Zen. Was kind of a shock, since there aren't any stores anywhere *close* to that one where I live! Well, truth be told, none of the stores in my area really do planted tanks! Sure, they sell plants, and some have plants in their tanks, but it's not the same! Impressive, to say the least!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode