Visiting! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Visiting!

Hey all, I'll be visiting Washington from May 23 - 29. Are there any shops that sell nano tanks, shrimp, etc? I'm looking forward to seeing new stuff. Also wanted to buy a chiller for my 20L when I get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 11:43 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Aloha!

What part of Washington?

Aquarium Zen in Seattle, WA sounds like what you are looking for! Steve (owner) is a really nice guy!
Specializes in nano tanks, aquascaping, rarer plant species, etc., etc.
Most renown fish/plant/aquascaping store in Washington, and his store just opened/started not long ago! People from around the world constantly comment how they want to visit his store in person. Take a look!
Aquarium Zen
https://www.facebook.com/AquariumZen/

Aquarium Co-op in Edmonds, WA has small fish, though I don't think Cory (owner) stocks all that many nano tanks, but most of the equipment and fish are geared toward small/nano tanks. I could be wrong though, it's been a long while since I've been up there again, and he's always getting more inventory and expanding his store and products he carries (he only carries things with good reviews/he would personally use).

Sierra Fish & Pets in Renton, WA is a bigger LFS with more fish and carries a bunch of different nano tanks and larger rimless tanks (so does Aquarium Zen).

Midway Tropical Fish & Pets in "Kent" (more like Des Moines), WA has more uncommon fish (nanos to monster fish), and also rarer shrimp (Taiwans Bees, Tigers, Crystals, etc, not the top of the line Caridina variants though).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure, it's my Aunt's place. Supposedly half an hour from Seattle so I'll probably be able to visit Aquarium Zen. Thank you!! I might also visit Midway Tropical if I can't find a chiller at Aquarium Zen.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

ah alright so my aunt lives in Bothell, not too far from Seattle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode