Opening: October 1, 2002
Closing: March 1, 2003
Mission Statement: To create interest in aquascaping as an art and encourage aquarists, both new and experienced, in the keeping of planted aquaria.
There are two ways to enter this contest:
Entrants into the Limited Aquascape category must choose plants from the following species. Any of the listed species, in any combination, may be used within the Limited Aquascape. However, no species that is not on the list of acceptable plants may be a part of a Limited Aquascape and use thereof will be grounds for disqualification from the Limited Aquascape category and placement into the Unlimited Aquascape category. Pictures of initial set up as well as later pics showing the growth of the plants is required.
Alternathera reineckii v. rosaefolia
Anubias barteri v. nana
Unlimited AquascapeAny plants may be used and either established or newly planted aquariums may be entered.
Any size aquarium in either category may be entered.
Entries from anywhere in the world are accepted
All submissions must be accompanied by the following:
1. Tank specifications: volume, lighting and photoperiod, description of CO2 system, plant species list, fish/invertebrate species list
2. A brief history of and goals for the aquarium.
3. Graphic layout of the aquascape design.
Tampering with or editing of the submitted image for the purpose of presenting an image other than the actual aquascape will be grounds for immediate removal from competition and disqualification from entry into further competitions sponsored by AquaBotanic. Any image suspected of having been so changed will be reviewed by the panel of judges and decided upon on an individual basis. All judgments are final.
Acceptable manipulation is limited to the following:
1. Combination of different shots to create an image of the whole aquascape. However, all images so combined must have been taken at the same time.
2. Editing to enhance resolution, image quality and/or remove in-tank hardware from the image is also acceptable provided editing neither adds nor removes any part of the aquascape from the image.
Images, slides, and disks are not returned. By submitting pictures you give Aqua Botanic permission to use said material in any way Aqua botanic deems appropriate
Name, address, and telephone or email address must be submitted with entry. Only your name and location will appear publicly.
Email entries may be sent to: [email protected]
Prizes will be given to the top three entries with the highest scores. Prizes include an Aqua Medic CO2 set or Carbo Plus CO2 system, (winners choice) as well as other prizes to be announced.
Please send all post mail entries to:
c/o AB Aquascaping Contest
7701 Cedar Creek Lane. Apt. 307
Charlotte, NC 28210
Additional information could be found directly on AquaBotanic Forum