plants and ferts - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
plants and ferts

ok so id like to start by thanking all the people who have responded to me on all my other threads. some of the most helpful people on any forums page thank you all! ok so basically ive figured out my lighting c02 and substrate. im almost ready to dive into my high tech 75g setup. im coming up with a list of what im getting and the last 2 things im missing are basically ferts and plants. i want to buy some dry ferts and i need some suggestions on who to buy them from idk where to get them. im looking for a good package at a good price. also should i be getting just npk dry ferts or the micros as well. i will have high light and c02. any suggestions on that would be awesome. the last thing i need are ofc my plants. im looking for somewhere i can buy online with good prices maybe someone who offers bulk discounts and ofc healthy plants. i am purchasing A LOT of plants i want to go crazy with this 75g. If anyone knows a good spot to order from id love to know your opinions.

oh and one last question i have crazy filtration on this tank right now 1 canister pumping 525gph and 2 hangons aquaclear 70s. my canister has a uv light will that affect my water with the nutrients etc? also do i need all this filtration? i DO like to overstock my aquariums but i know planted tanks dont need that much. i also have a good powerhead in here and a 2nd powerhead i can add if i want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Algae Grower

Green Leaf Aquariums or NilocG Aquatics | Aquarium Fertilizer for ferts is my recommendation.

Large plant packages can be found in the FS/T forum here, I'm sure someone there could put together something that would meet your needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/15...%7Cothers.html is a great source for dry fertilizer chemicals. There are others too, such as Aquarium Plant Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums for example.

For plants, it depends a lot on what specific plants you want. I like to browse the For Sale forum here to see if I can get what I want from just a few sellers. That usually gets you some very good quality plants at a reasonable, but not necessarily low price.

Hoppy

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/15...%7Cothers.html is a great source for dry fertilizer chemicals. There are others too, such as Aquarium Plant Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums for example.

For plants, it depends a lot on what specific plants you want. I like to browse the For Sale forum here to see if I can get what I want from just a few sellers. That usually gets you some very good quality plants at a reasonable, but not necessarily low price.

for plants id like to get them all at one source with good variety. im trying to basically do all my planting in one shot. like a big aquascaping field day not sure about what species i want yet i do know i want an HC carpet maybe...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
For place to shop for plant, I highly recommend

Welcome to Planted Aquariums Central - Live Aquarium Plants

I have bought from them multiple times. Fast shipping, good price, good quality and I often time given random extras. I just planted a 22G with stuff from them.

For UV light, the only thing I know it affect is Flourish Excel (break it down fast), but you are not using that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151104_094917 (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	540042  

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostertech View Post
For place to shop for plant, I highly recommend

Welcome to Planted Aquariums Central - Live Aquarium Plants

I have bought from them multiple times. Fast shipping, good price, good quality and I often time given random extras. I just planted a 22G with stuff from them.

For UV light, the only thing I know it affect is Flourish Excel (break it down fast), but you are not using that.

Oh man im loving that 20g you setup. Its gonna look awesome when it starts to fill in! I love that size tank 20g long is awesome. Im going to check them out see what they offer.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 01:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
For plants, the best source really is this forum, great deals on here usually and really nice selection of plants.

But some other places are BamaPlants and HanAquatics.

As for filtration, the one SunSun 304/404 (pretty sure this is what you got) is technically enough filtration. An additional AC70 doesnt hurt, neither does another one, but it is a bit unnecessary. But over filtering doesnt hurt as long as the current is tolerable[censored]for the fish. If you overstock, then by all means do use extra filtration (I probably overstock the most on this forum).

Pinoy?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterLife View Post
For plants, the best source really is this forum, great deals on here usually and really nice selection of plants.

But some other places are BamaPlants and HanAquatics.

As for filtration, the one SunSun 304/404 (pretty sure this is what you got) is technically enough filtration. An additional AC70 doesnt hurt, neither does another one, but it is a bit unnecessary. But over filtering doesnt hurt as long as the current is tolerable[censored]for the fish. If you overstock, then by all means do use extra filtration (I probably overstock the most on this forum).

Pinoy?

Yea i guess ill start shopping around here. And yes lol i have an aquatop which is essentially the sunsun. Pretty neat for the cost i cant complain with this canister!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode