A new set up! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
A new set up!

Thanks to a nice tax refund, I will be treating myself to a nice new aquarium for the front room. The tank, stand and hood will be from AquaOak sold in Maidenhead Aquatics. It will be this nice little cube AquaOak Small Cube Aquarium | AquaOak - Premium Oak Aquariums .

The hardware will be -
JBL CristalProfi e901 external filter
Hydor ETH200 external heater
Pressurised Co2 set up from Co2art

And lighting ....... That's where I get a little, not sure what to get. The tank is basically a 45cm cube, But because of the oak hood, the tank has glass braces with a glass condensation lid. So what ever lights I get must sit on top of the glass condensation lid just above the water. I would like it to be powerful enough to possible grow a carpet of some thing, but not to high. I have been looking at a few but not sure which one would be best.
TMC Ultima1500 natural daylight tile
TMC mini 400 tile
2x 30 cm Arcadia Classical Stretch freshwater
I think the TMC 1500 might be to powerful, and the mini 400 not powerful enough. The Classical stretch was a suggested by the guy in the lfs. I'm sure there are other options that I not aware of, so I would grateful if you guys could help me out with the lighting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode