Help tank leaking - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Help tank leaking

Its leaking from the bottom I think, I can't find anyplace along the sides, its not the hoses.

Took plants and fish out, put in a sm pond I brought inside. Killed my beautiful guppy by sucking her up in the hose.The cannister filters have been off for about 30min can I turn them back on or has it been too long?

What do I do about the eco complete???!!! Its been a month and a halfcollecting nutrients. If I scoop it out, well I have to but what happens when I put it back in and the anorobic stuff comes to the top and .....stuff.

The pond is about 1/2 the size of the 29 how long can I keep these guys in there. The 200g is an option but I have been running co2 in the 29 the ph is /was lower.

What should I be careful TO do or NOT to do that I might overlook because I'm crazed at the moment?

I'm going to hook the pumps up to a bucket till someone gives me advice about putting it in with the fish.

please help, woman freaking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 09:37 PM

You CAN restart your canister after 1/2 hour, I would recomment you keep it running on a bucket full of your original aquarium water, or better yet run it on the pond.

After a month, there is probably not too much in the way of anerobic bacteria, but I could be wrong. You could completely rinse the stuff, as if it were new and put it back.

Put the plants and the fish in the pond throw a light on it if you can, with the old water if you have any, if not try to match the conditions and add new water. If you have a heater running in the pond, make sure it does not touch the sides of the pond, or anything else for that matter.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for replying and the advice putty. So far with the exception of my poor guppy and my hardwood floor, everything seems fine. I'll take your advice and rinse the eco complete well when I replace it.

thanks again

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 07:08 AM

How long is this stuff going to be sitting out? You may not even have to rinse it, if it does not go anearobic (smell like rotten eggs).

If you are concerned about wiping away too much of your biological filtration, just put the susbrate in a bucket and run a filter or a power head on it, to keep it from going bad, it should last for some time in this type of set up.

Any one else want to chip in or comment on the above?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 01:04 PM

I'd just put the gravel in a shallow pan and keep it wet but not covered, no need for circulation. It will be fine. IF you had the time to segregate the top gravel from the bottom, you could, but it is not critical.

The fish will be fine in the pond, no food or just min food.

You need to spend your time on the leak.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode