I'm a newb.
Have kept freshwater fish for a few years, making the step from plastic plants to live plants. Have done some research. Here's what I've got so far.
1. 45g flat back hex tank
2. 2x96w jbj lighting hood, 1 blue 1 white
3. 200w stick on back of tank heater
4. fluval 304 with ceramic pieces in top, lava rock in middle, and additional
floss in bottom
5. flourite/sand mix for bottom inch of substrate, 2 more inches of sand on top
6. 2x Hagen Plant Grow Natural System with CO2
Put the water in it today, added dechlorinator and turned on the filter. Water is very cloudy, should settle in a day or so.
Tank goals: Lush green carpet, tall plants in back to hide heater and filter tubes, nice mix of green and red plants ( got no clue as to the names of any of these types of plants).
Any tips or suggestions?