The Planted Tank Forum banner

CO2 mixture neede immidiately

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Rex Grigg 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me a good mixture for my DYI co2 im planning. I have 20 gallon high & 3 -15watts of light

#4 ·
That's what I use...A&H Baking Soda...

I would like to add...I start up 1/4tsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp of yeast with 5oz of warm water about 10 minutes before I mix the bottle. When I am done making the bottle, I pour this "starter" as the last thing in the bottle...

This give the mix a jump start.

Thanks,
Steve

#10 ·
So what is the correct lighting or watts for a 20 gallon high? I have a limited budget so i have just bought the glass top & the perfecto 2 bulb hood & put my old hood with a single bulb so that makes it 3 15watts. Any suggestion is gladly appreciated.

Thanks! :proud:

#11 ·
Since you've spent money on the additional fixture already, the only wise thing to do is to overdrive 2 of the bulbs in series (If you want to increase the light). That's what I did on mine. Read the ODNO article at the articles link. If you only have low-medium light plants, your current set up may work just fine.

#12 ·
How do you determin if you have magnetic/electronic ballast?

Wish I have knowledge with this things, but i'm not! maybe i will stay with my set-up until i have save enough money to uy a better fixture.

Thanks guys for all your help- :icon_frow

Brian

#13 ·
From what I have seen all commercial strip lights have magnetic ballasts. With 45 watts over a 20 gallon tank you have a low light tank. Remember that strip lights have very poor reflectors most of the time. When funds become available you might want to look at an AH Supply 55 watt kit for one of the strip lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.