I didn't realize there was a shrimp section lower on the forum list,I'm sorry if posting this here was wrong.
I feel I should explain the chain of events so please excuse the longish post and thank you for reading.
I recently bought a few red cherry shrimp and a CRS (not sure the grade) for my desk tank, when I got home I noticed that all the shrimp were females and 3 RCS were berried. So to prepare for the little squirts I decided to order a slightly larger tank (Finnex low-iron tank kit 2.5G) and started the process of seeding a new sponge filter for the babes.
One day before the tank arrived, the baby shrimp hatched...
Now the other filter was still in the water (I had previously put a stocking on the intake, just in case), I decided it was time to remove it and I found baby shrimp had gotten into the filter cartridge via the outtake and returned it.
Also, I am afraid to siphon and found white worms in the gravel ( I assume detritus worms) and some white moving specks on the "glass", so I ordered safe guard which I read was safe to use with shrimps when dosed right.
1. Is there a way to remove the baby shrimp from the filter cartridge or should I wait until they are bigger?
2. Would they eventually get too large and get stuck in the filter cartridge?
3. How long should I wait before transferring them to the new home?
4. The babies are 2 days old, how long should I wait before treating the tank with the safeguard so I don't lose anyone?
5. Is there a safe way to siphon or wait until they are more red?
6. Could someone perhaps identify what grade the CRS is?
I greatly appreciate any help.