New Planted Tank Help!
Lowdown: 10 Gallon tank, 10 days old, already cycled aqua clear 30 filter, play sand substrate, anubias, anacharis, val, sword, water wisteria, 26 watt cfl light customized over tank.....2.6 wpg, and dose flourish once a week.
1. Brown algae has started....expected it, but also green spotted type algae on glass....never had this before, should I be worried? What to do? Is it going to cause my plants to suffer and not grow? I just keep scrubbing it off
2. Do I need CO2 with this setup i described? I was hoping to have a low maintenance setup going and didn't want to have to use a CO2 diffuser.... if I do need one, could I lower my wattage and not need one?
3. Plants are green with a hint of brown....maybe its the brown algae? Maybe they take a few days to green up? Should I be worried? Be patient? What to do?
4. People say use flourish excel.....i heard it will melt my vals and anacharis.....too many conflicts... help?
5. Since my tank is new should I be dosing flourish fertz more than once a week? Seems like algae appeared the day after I first dosed my tank?
Sorry for so many questions, but I am a poor college student but dreamed of doing a planted tank....I just don't want to fail, or have to spend money I don't have to buy more plants...thanks!