Video of my emersed set up - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (6/100%)
Video of my emersed set up

Just figured I'd show a vid of my emersed set let me know what you think. I have 80 watts of t5 lighting. I'm using Flourite for a substrate. And I have a pump system that comes on once an hour to spray the plants. I mostly have just Anubias and a few Crypts.

I ran out of room in my low tech planted tank so I started this set up. I'm looking for some suggestions to what else I can grow in it. I'm looking for a plant that stays short that I can put around the base of the Anubias.

It's been set up for two weeks.

Anyways let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-PRvhvd5U0k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (84/100%)
That is very interesting. Have you thought about starting a riparium instead? You could use a closed top tank to maintain the high humidity, probably not as high as you now have, and keep something like crypts in the water below. The anubias would do very well on riparium rafts, and you could use bigger crypts, for example, in hanging planters along the back.

If your goal is to just "farm" plants, to use in other tanks, or to sell, then you have the right setup for it, but if you also want the tank to look extremely good, a riparium would be a great option.

Hoppy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Very cool! Someday i will set up something like that. When i have my own house, probably.

But yeah, i agree with hoppy. If you want to farm the plants, you have a great setup.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (6/100%)
Yeah it started out as a project just to put my extra plants somewhere. Now I'm thinking I might have enough to make a few $$$. The plants are growing x3 as fast as they did in my aquarium.

Yeah I've been thinking about ripariums and Paludariums. I might do one down the road.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode