Breeding crs for money???? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Breeding crs for money????

hey i was wondering if it was possible to breed crs shrimp for money and has anyone done it?
I stumbled upon this article:

http://aquariuminfo.org/makingmoney.html

and i wasn't sure if anyone had tried this or done anything like it. It seems like a cool idea where i can mix fish keeping and maybe even make some money?? is this possible? like it says in the website, can i produce better shrimps?
cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
idk but sounds liek a plan.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

do you think i need to start with better shrimp or just bad ones for this guide?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (80/100%)
Sure you can make money from selling shrimp. Just find the shrimp that are in demand and breed them, and after you have a nice stock sell them. You have to move fast in this type of business because someone else is thinking the same idea.

Always try to get the lastest and greatest shrimp on the market, the ones that are to find Australia. I know its hard to import stuff into Australia but if you can its worth the risk. I'm not saying to it the wrong way, just remember that customs is a slow process and most of the time your shrimp will die during the holding period.

Anyways good luck and if you are ever looking for some cool rare shrimp give me a PM,

Gabe.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
There's all kinds of people that breed dwarf shrimp and sell them. CRS come in different grades ranging from C to S+++, depending on the individual shrimp's coloration and markings. C grade are cheap, S grade and above can get quite expensive. For example, an S+++ Mosura CRS can go for $80 at bare minimum. Take a look through here and you can get a better idea of what's available to you.

Edit: ninja'd by Gabe!

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (80/100%)
Here's an idea on how much shrimp go for here in Japan http://www.bidders.co.jp/dap/sv/list...t=price,D&cf=N
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
can you translate that site for me, lol.
there's no reason that you can't breed shrimp and sell them. they are breeding machines. but if you can't breed a decent grade shrimp you're not gonna make any money unless you're pushing quantity.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
The first link that I saw was a set of 5 shrimp, for 262,500 yen, or 2778 USD.

Anthony

and

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
GTR
Banned

PTrader: (13/100%)
lol

And the LFS's can't get $5.00 for a $4.00 fish right now.

SteveU
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the feedback, it seems like it could be a good idea as the prices in Australia are still pretty high, like $200+ for a high grade shrimp. so i will start this pretty soon. thanks
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
Just do your research and know what you're getting into first.

CRS are not quick easy cash for most people. Other shrimp like snowballs and yellow shrimp and blue pearls and whatnot are about as easy as cherry shrimp yet generally are pricier and thus have a higher return on investment.

Also, a lot of people have their first group die of stress. Its just one of those CRS things.

Good luck! Just make sure you do all the research and aren't thinking it'll be tons of easy peasy money. If you want that, plants are the way to go.
-Andrew
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
It is really like anything rare. I buy and sell music equipment all the time. Find something rare for cheap, sometimes fix it, sometimes the seller doesn't know the value, then profit. The difference here is that you don't have to keep buying, your inventory makes itself. In my area, you have to go to great distances to buy CRS. I can buy them where I buy plants but often don't feel comfortable with my trip home. I am in a better situation than most. Do it if you love it but it probably won't pay your rent.

-Matt

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

kk yeah maybe i will try with an easier type first before i go with the more difficult crs.
How many shrimplets do you usually get from each type of shrimp? im guessing its about 30 for most?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

ok i have bought the tank and supplies and im ready! i just have to wait for tank to cycle then i can add shrimp. so excited!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

i have begun planting and will upload some pics soon.
btw does anyone have crs for sale in australia here?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode