Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to dmastin
Introducing The Planted Aquarium Podcast

Introducing The Planted Aquarium Podcast
http://www.theplantedaquariumpodcast.com/
You can provide feedback via this thread or private message and also via
[email protected]
The web page and podcast are absolutely in their infancy. The first podcast is available at the web page listed above to stream or download. The podcast should also be available for subscription via iTunes in the next day or so.
Please understand our only motivation is to serve the broad planted aquaria hobby community. Orlando from Green Leaf Aquariums (http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/) was kind enough to be our first guest and we are quite grateful. If you have suggestions or comments please let us know. You can suggest who we should interview next. Maybe we could interview you! It'd be great to have a wide range of folks on the show, from typical hobbyist to seasoned expert.
Cheers! David and Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (153/100%)
Wow, this is great! What a fun surprise. I can't wait to listen.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
Wow, this is great! What a fun surprise. I can't wait to listen.
I hope you enjoy. I discovered podcasts a few months ago. I realized I could listen to what I wanted during my commute by downloading mp3 files and putting them on my inexpensive mp3 player, also great while mowing the lawn. I soon found lots of podcasts relating to my other hobbies, but almost nothing for our hobby. PetFishTalk is pretty darn good, but there is not much about planted tanks offered. After lots of agonizing and realizing I'm no expert, it occurred to me that interviews could be the central feature of the podcast. If the feedback is positive I'll invest in another microphone, headphones, paying Skype, and extending the free trial of the Skype recording software. Please be kind with the feedback and if you have ideas for our next guest, or would like to volunteer, let me know! thanks

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (41/100%)
Send a message via AIM to josh1604
Great Idea

Texas A&M-Commerce Track & Field
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Great idea! Keep up the good work! How about Tom Barr in the near future?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"No se vive celebrando victorias, sino superando derrotas."
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
That was great
I really enjoyed listening to this interview.
This site is now bookmarked. How about announcing here when the next podcast is up?

Thanks for doing this! Great job!

Eheim Pimp #363 - 2213, 2217

Tank journals:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

ThePlantedAquariumPodcast

Thanks so much for the feedback. The first pod cast, although it might not seem so, reflects several hours of work! So it's great to get some positive feedback! I'll certainly post here with notification of the next episode. As a note, I've started to listen to several pod casts and I now use Google Reader that keeps me up to date with new episodes, also there's a widget at the bottom right of the podcast page (www.theplantedaquariumpodcast.com) where you can enter your email for new episode notifications. Thanks again! David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regloh View Post
That was great
I really enjoyed listening to this interview.
This site is now bookmarked. How about announcing here when the next podcast is up?

Thanks for doing this! Great job!
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
Very good idea! I'll subscribe!

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
definitely subscribed. I do the same, listen to them on commutes.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
It's pretty painful to listen to Orlando through only the right channel. In the future, would you mind spreading it 50/50? For us headphone listeners anyways!

I love the idea though! Thank you!
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (164/100%)
Great idea, I'll check it out too!

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMcQueen View Post
It's pretty painful to listen to Orlando through only the right channel. In the future, would you mind spreading it 50/50? For us headphone listeners anyways!

I love the idea though! Thank you!
Yup, not ideal. I'll have to figure out if my Skype recorder can do that. It's surprisingly difficult to record telephone conversations with your computer. The Skype recording software by default puts both parties in seperate channels. So, I'm left with two mono channels. The default free editing software is Audacity. So the question is, with Audacity, how to duplicate a track and then merge the duplicated tracks to stereo or command each mono track to play in each channel. I imagine I'll be able to figure it out. If there are any audio editing experts out there with Audacity experience, give me a holler. Anyone with bumper music or other suggestions, let me know. If you'd like to do a segment, let me know. Something like, "Hi I'm Dan the Planted Aquarium Podcast water chemestry expert. Today we're going to be talking about pH..." would be fun. I can think of lots of examples.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Figured it out. Yeah, sounds much more natural. I'll definitely do that for the next episode. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmastin View Post
Yup, not ideal. I'll have to figure out if my Skype recorder can do that. It's surprisingly difficult to record telephone conversations with your computer. The Skype recording software by default puts both parties in seperate channels. So, I'm left with two mono channels. The default free editing software is Audacity. So the question is, with Audacity, how to duplicate a track and then merge the duplicated tracks to stereo or command each mono track to play in each channel. I imagine I'll be able to figure it out. If there are any audio editing experts out there with Audacity experience, give me a holler. Anyone with bumper music or other suggestions, let me know. If you'd like to do a segment, let me know. Something like, "Hi I'm Dan the Planted Aquarium Podcast water chemestry expert. Today we're going to be talking about pH..." would be fun. I can think of lots of examples.
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Great idea! Orlando sounds like he's 15 lol. Really enjoyed it. Subscribed
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

PTrader: (2/100%)
David and Jennifer- you guys are a very good interview team. Nicely done.

65 gallon journal:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode