seagrass safe? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
seagrass safe?

Hi, I am in the happy process of growing out some seagrass and was just wondering what kind of clean up crew would be ideal for my setup. Basically, it's just halophila, no fish, stone chaeto to keep the hair algae and cyano down until the grass grows out, and some C02. I heard blue legs are not sea grass safe, but that Strombus was. Can anyone vouch for these mollusks? I would like something that eats hair algae but not angiosperms . Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Algae Grower

Heh, you might be better served on a reef/saltwater forum, This is mostly freshwater.

edit:
Marine Plants - Macroalgae
http://www.barrreport.com/forum/barr...nts-macroalgae

Last edited by r0ck0; 07-16-2015 at 05:11 PM. Reason: edit
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
+1 this forum is pretty much focused on freshwater planted, and related stuff..

While I find the concept of saltwater planting interesting, I don't really have any experience with them, and I've not heard seagrass, blue legs, or Strombus mentioned here before at all.

New to planted tanks, avid gardener/tinkerer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fluval C4 + Quietflow 30, Finnex Planted+ with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, low-tech.
10 gallon secondary tank with Finnex stingray with
, AC20, low tech

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 06:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
This is an interesting topic. I'd like to see a saltwater planted tank section on this forum.

Tony

My

and my

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Hmm, that is interesting. I certainly thought marine planted tanks would be found here as well. None the less, thank you for your input.

On a side note, if you like FW planted tanks, you might really enjoy salt. Other than seagrass and mangroves, there are no underwater marine true-plants, making these exceptionally rare beauties something to be passionate about. I personally get far more excited about my seagrass than I ever would a coral, yet I can have that flash of coral color wherever I want it. It's quite enjoyable.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode