Poll: Would You Do It? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Poll: Would You Do It?

Here is a Poll:
Considering that the plants were healthy and priced right,
how many of you guys would buy plants from someone who had no paypal, so you had to transfer the money directly to their bank account?

Last edited by aquanauts; 06-19-2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Mistake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:43 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquanauts View Post
Here is a Poll:
Considering that the plants were healthy and priced right,
how many of you guys would buy plants from someone who had no paypal, so you had to transfer the money directly to their bank account?
do not do it, once you open a link into someones account if they are skillful they can skim small amounts of money out of it over time without you finding out or they could just pull everything and have it closed. never trust anyone with a direct transfer. i work with computers and have heard and seen the horror stories, my father was a person that this happened to luckily i was able to help him pull the money back into it. company(supposedly a apple support group for billing) needed access to his computer via the internet and hijacked the routing number when he transferred the money for the bill to them and they tried to swipe all his money, he still has issues with bills now since every thing had to be changed S.S. NUMBER, Bank account info, routing numbers, all new cards, filling out paperwork for 2 months and he is still playing catch up.

Bump: and even if it is someone else that skims the number through a proxy not even the person you are paying, you both can be at risk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 33g retired
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
+1^ heck no!

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:25 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
only if you are a prince in nigeria
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:29 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

That's a big NO from me to to many other reputable places to buy plants from then take that chance , and why not just send a money order snail mail at least you have recourse if something were to go wrong
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by du3ce View Post
only if you are a prince in nigeria
Haha, +1
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasit88 View Post
Haha, +1
I always get my cash back from the nigerian prince lol

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

plants

If the seller is ligit , he will let you send him a money order or a cashiers check. Then you are still taking a chance of getting them or not. But it is probably not such a substantial amount that it will break you either way. Do not send anyone your bank account info.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Add another negative to the list.

Note that there's also a small number of folks that won't take Paypal in payment. There are people out there that just have nothing better to do than scam people out of the few bucks they make shipping plants and fish.

Money orders are certainly more inconvenient, but they are cheap on both ends of the transaction.

Have that talk with the folks. If it were me, you'd be in business already.

Angelo

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Bank to bank transfer, not even once.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
dude, I realize you have a passion for the hobby - and I commend you for it.

however, there is a reason that Paypal requires you to be 18+

like others have said, you do not want to be handing out your bank account info. You WILL regret it - as a Cybersecurity Analyst, you would be surprised at how easy it would be to hide attacks.

-120g-
- Praecox Dwarf Rainbowfish, Glowlight Danio, Rummynose Tetra, Leopard Danio, Ember Tetra, Scarlet Badis, Anchor Catfish, Red Cherry Shrimp, Assassin Snail, Neirite Snail
-20G L -
- Celestial Pearl Danio, Dwarf Emerald Rasbora
Tank Journal (120):

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
as an employee that has worked in the retail banking industry for the last 10 years. DONT DO IT

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
As a buyer...no way. Paypal offers me a certain level of protection and resolution.
As a seller...I'm guessing it will take someone about .5 seconds to get into your account!
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Banned

PTrader: (4/100%)
Its funny to me that everybody is terrified about giving out your account information. Y'all know you do that every time you write someone a check right?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Not that it matters as paypal won't refund a buyer of any transactions dealing in live plants/animals, but I'd never trust a direct bank transaction. It takes 2 minutes to set up a paypal account, if they have a bank they can make an account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrill View Post
Its funny to me that everybody is terrified about giving out your account information. Y'all know you do that every time you write someone a check right?
My husband and I don't use checks ^^

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode