Rimless Tanks - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Rimless Tanks

I am curious what companies/individuals make rimless tanks. I am essentially trying to create a list of possible options to explore as I begin to calculate and design my new system. I am looking for reliability, precision, durability, and possible shipping.

So far I have looked into the following:

ADA tanks from Aqua Forest Aquarium - http://www.adana-usa.com/
Superior build quality, expensive.

ADA tanks from the ADG Shop - www.ADGShop.com
Superior build quality, expensive.

Glass Cages - www.GlassCages.com
-Cheap, poor customer service, poor silicone job.
to add to that negative list they never returned my call and I have since scratched them off my list.

Please add to the list in an effort to help us all track these various options down. Also, if you do this work yourself, please let the public know if you are willing to provide such services.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Glasscages = wet carpets.

Probably a good idea to check your local area forum on ReefCentral. They always know some good glass/acrylic builders.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
What about the discussion last month about ADA tanks, splitting at seams after a few years. So should the older ADA tanks be listed as less than superior quality?

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...-ada-leak.html

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

true... hmmm. any good rimless options out there that are affordable!? i'll take that advice to head over to the reefcentral area. i have located some good acrylic deals, but i don't think they have experience and i fear the scratching tendency of that material.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
What size are you looking for?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Elos is top of the line but your going to pay about 1000$ for a 20 gal
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Merk1 99: I'm personally looking for a 48"L x 18"W x 18-20"H (essentially the 120-P from ADA with maybe a bit more height to accommodate for soil and water level loss). For a good deal I am willing to drop my size to a 36"L x 16"W x 16-18"H (essentially the 90-P). ADA even with their recent bubble concern might be my best bet... I just want to explore any possible alternatives. Any ideas?

John Auberry: I have heard that to be the case. I cannot imagine putting 1000 into a 20 gallon! I'm hoping for a more reasonable fee but a quality build. I study architecture and design... I am quite aware that while Elos offers a supreme build quality and consistency with gorgeous minimalist details, they are essentially charging for a brand name just like Gucci or Armani. No denying that they're good and I really appreciate their niche in the market, but something in the middle might prove more my preference.

I'm waiting on a quote from http://www.aquariumobsessed.com/

Any other places to look at?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Green Leaf Aquariums is planning to release some soon. Depending on your time frame they could be considered.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeah. I spoke to Orlando who is hoping for release soon; just working on the logistics. I am waiting eagerly

I am just exploring any and all options as to not leave a stone unturned. I would be wise to wait the expected two months anyways as I will be relocating in exactly 1 and a half months. I have been accepted to a different graduate program and will probably take the offer

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode