first post , what type of aquascape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
first post , what type of aquascape

hi , im chris and ive been into keeping fish for quite a while (i used to keep frogs and lizards ) i have a 4 foot community which im thinking of rescaping and planting properly because right no its just basically black gravel and a few logs chucked in with random plants here and there .

firstly i have a 2 foot long tank id like to aquascape , i just got a bag of geo-system black river sand for £5 and i just made a light fixture ( -light) anyway , i have tried countless times at planting it and aquascaping it but all have been a bit half hearted so they didnt really work and it ended up becoming a bare bottom snakehead growout tank , the snakehead has now moved and id like to give my all at a properly planted tank, i plant to keep in there xmass moss , hair grass and HC but nowhere around here stocks them , i cant decide weather to do iguami style or something else , and ill probarbly just be running DIY co2 and i plan to keep 4 rams and maybe some shrimp .ill get some pictures up in the tank journals tomorow because my camera is now broke .

any advice on what style aquascape i should do would be much appriciated and does anyone know and internet site which sell very cheap plants and equptment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
If you have some ideas of your own for hardscaping, post a few pics and ask what people think of them. They'll be more than happy to critique your design and suggest improvements... Some of the best deals on plants and equipment can be found right here on the Swap and Shop forum. Feel free to post any questions that you may have, and we'll do our best to help you out. The more planning and forethought you do now, the more successful your tank will be in 6 months! Have fun, because this is, IMO, the best time of the tank building process.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
thanks for the fast imput , i shure will have a look on the swap n shop , i do have some picture but the lead is whats broke so im going to try and get it fixed ASAP

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
no worries, the forum isn't going anywhere feel free to peruse the different sections in order to absorb as much information as possible. It can be daunting at first, but after the initial learning curve, you'll be well on your way to understanding the basics of tank keeping.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode