potential problem - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
potential problem

I am going on vacation from Feb. 28th until March 10th. I figured my tank could sustain on no ferts if I supplied continuous CO2 for that duration and decreased my photo period.

For reasons I cannot explain, as the people at CO2-canisters.com will not return my calls or e-mails, my CO2 regulator has not arrived; not even a tracking number was provided. I am keeping my fingers cross it gets here, but the clock is ticking away.

At the present I am using only excel daily and flourish twice a week. How will my tank survive my being gone (no animals, just HC and Dwarf Sword Grass)?

Any suggestions for photo period and techniques to keep things alive?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)
Just cut your lighting down (maybe in half or so) and everything should be fine. It'll just slow everything down. I've done this lots of times (even without co2), for longer periods than you will be away, and everything has always survived. Actually, a few times, things were actually healthier than when I left

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Alright, I'll do that and cross my fingers

Anyone ever order from CO2-canisters.com aka Aquatic Enterprises? I cannot reach anyone... just an answering machine. My e-mails and voice messages go without reply...
Rather unsettling :/

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode