So i'm going to break down my tank, and then go over some quick questions.
Fluval Spec V (5 Gallon -Black-)
Current Satellite LED Plus 18"
Grreat Brand 7.5 Watt Aquarium Heater (Located in the Pump Chamber of the Fluval Spec, just above the water pump.)
API Master Freshwater Test Kit
Digital Thermometer (probed into main tank behind and under flow pipe near substrate)
Mopani Driftwood (boiled numerous times before entry and scrubbed down before every boil)
Petco Brand Black Sand substrate
Flourish (Once a week) Flourish Excel (Every other day, 1 ml)
Anacharis (Egeria densa) Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae) Marimo Ball (Aegagropila linnaei) Amazon Sword (Echinodorus bleheri)
3 Zebra Danios
1. Does the Current Satellite LED Plus provide enough low-medium light for this size aquarium?
2. I'm starting to get little bit of white-fungus/hair on the driftwood. I'm assuming this is normal and I know a few people have had issues with the Mopani doing this. Any comments would be great.
3. My Amazon Sword is starting to decay or change colors on the leaves. I'm thinking its probably a macro-nutrient problem. Could it perhaps be a light problem? I pulled it up and it seems to be making new roots, and they are really white and healthy.. bit confused
4. I have a custom light setting on the Current LED that is Max-Whiteness and Max-Redness. I head that Red is a good color for photosynthesis. Is this a good idea, I tried looking for answers from Current but they seemed to be aesthetic answers.
5. My water is high in pH. Its very Alkaline about 7.6 for pH and around 7.4 for High pH. Would doing water changes with RO water help this? I live in San Antonio and our water is really hard. I need some suggestions.
6. I replaced my normal charcoal filter in my Fluval Sponge Brick for a Seachem Purigen filter. I figure this owuld be a good way to soak up those reamining tannins. Comments?
7. My tank runs around 74-76 F. Its because of the LED Light right above it. I have a heater that runs during the night as it gets colder. Should these temperature be okay for my plants? I hear the Anacharis like cooler water..
8. Speaking of Anacharis, I got mine from Petco which i know can be kinda dubious, but they looked healthy, now they are slowly becoming transparent on the leaves. Is this a water-light-nutrient problem? I read somewhere that these plants can shed most of their body and basically have to adapt to your new aquarium.. Is this true?
9. Will Java Moss do good in this habitat tied around the driftwood?
Thanks in advance, look forward to meet y'all