For plants photo period = morning right ? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
For plants photo period = morning right ?

Many tell me that it is good to have photo period in morning. .

my understanding is that there are planted tanks in four walls where actual sun never reaches and my understanding is that when plant lights get on is morning for our plants in tanks. .

Yes i understand this start and period should be very regular and plants develop habit of when to expect this "morning"

But am i right to believe that when photo period starts is morning for our plants in tank or is there any more complexity of actual human morning relation with plants in tank ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

-AqEnthusiast

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (150 L, ~40 G) | EHEIM 2217 | SunSun 110 water circulation | ADA Amazonia | 4x54w GE StarCoat 6500k T5HO 6 hrs photo | pressurised CO2 start stop one hour before photo | CO2 reactor to canister outlet | EI alternate (kno3+kh2po4+k2so4) and (csm+b) | Weekly 50% wc with Seachem Safe | MgSO4.7H2O + CaCl2.2H2O and NaHCO3 at wc to maintain kh gh at around 4 and 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Algae Grower

It doesn't matter when your photo period starts. You could have your regular period come on at night and it wouldn't make any difference.

I believe a lot of the guys have the photo period start in the afternoon so they're able to enjoy the tank in the time that they're home from work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Mine are on 5pm - 11pm on all 3 tanks.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Mom with the two previous posts. I have my lights come on at 3 in the afternoon so when I get home I can enjoy the tanks before bed. All tanks except for the one in my kids room. It comes on at bedtime for their nightlight.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks everyone !

My tank also lights at 4 in the evening so that when i get back home i can see the beauty before going to bed. .

Glad to understand that what i was doing instinctively is not wrong because many ppl were confusing me that no it needs to be in the human morning and i was wondering how when tanks are in a location not having sun light in such cases any way. .

Thank you for helping me with your inputs. . Appreciate !!!!

Have a great day ahead !!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

-AqEnthusiast

4ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft (150 L, ~40 G) | EHEIM 2217 | SunSun 110 water circulation | ADA Amazonia | 4x54w GE StarCoat 6500k T5HO 6 hrs photo | pressurised CO2 start stop one hour before photo | CO2 reactor to canister outlet | EI alternate (kno3+kh2po4+k2so4) and (csm+b) | Weekly 50% wc with Seachem Safe | MgSO4.7H2O + CaCl2.2H2O and NaHCO3 at wc to maintain kh gh at around 4 and 6

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode