30g long? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
30g long?

I'm planning on getting a 29g, but it still just doesn't seem right, being a tall tank. I am planting it after all. So I found out there are 30g tanks, and seem to be a similar to a 20g long. But the part that baffles me is, why are they so hard to find? You'd figure it would be a good seller to people who aquascape considering the area to plant on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I have a 30 long, really like it! If you have the space I'd say go for a 40b.. can be had for $40 this month.. i had to pay full blown retail at my lfs, you could probably have yours order one I'd you're set on it..
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Pretty much discontinued models. Came out during the same time that the 55g was very popular as a "fish tank"so no one really wanted a tank that size as it doesn't have any vertical room for the fish to swim around in especially considering Oscars were just as popular and the 55g was good enough for that fish.
But I had a 30L back then. Still think it's just right because I remember that I was thinking while looking at it seated right in front of it, that if it were a 40L you would have to move your chair to see the other end. With the 30L @ 36" long you could just see all of it from one spot.
BTW there are two of them on the Flea Bay right now.
And another BTW: Glass cages makes a 45Long(there's is one inch higher than the older models are)which is a foot longer at the same other measurements.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Wasn't aware that a 40 breeder is the same thing but wider. I may consider it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The 40 breeder at 40.00 at petco are the way to go. Only problem is the glass top will cost almost as much as the tank. If you got the money the 50 gallon is the same size but 4" taller and would work great for a plant tank.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Forgot I'd have to add the price of the glass top haha. I'm sure it would be worth it in the end though. I'll go there tonight, but if they don't have a 40b i'll just settle with the 29.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode