The Planted Tank Forum banner

RAOK information? Shipping?

573 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TurtleShark 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm going to do a random act of kindness but I'm going to need some help. I've never done one before, or had plants shipped...

What will I need? I'm sure I'm going to need a heat pack, it's winter here and quite cold...

Any help would be welcome!

I just have a bunch of junk plants that I'll give to anyone who wants them. They've been floating so they have roots everywhere. But they make great emersed plants and the unneeded roots will disappear when grown emersed...

Anyway, how do I do it and what will I need?

#2 ·
Most people ships USPS Priority as it's two-three day. The RAOK's I've received have had the plants wrapped in damp newspaper, paper towel, or both, put in a plastic ziplock sandwich bag taped down, and sometimes wrapped in something else. The one I received today was shipped from NY to Fl and was shipped Monday. The plants seem to be fine. Shipping charges usually ranges anywhere from $6 and up. Usually $6-8 or so for a small flat rate box up to $12 for larger. A lot of people add on a buck or two for heat packs, materials, gas to the post office, etc.

I don't know if a heat pack is strictly necessary if your package is insulated real well, but up to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.