has anyone used this online store? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
has anyone used this online store?

My girlfriend found a site she wants to buy a bunch of plants from, but we cant find any info on them at all.

Has anyone here ever used the site www.aquaticmag.com ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 01:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Don't. I hope this doesn't count as a vendor review, since I know its not allowed, but my reason is more because of where they are located. I don't advise dealing with international shipping when it comes to aquatic plants unless you have the proper paperwork...and with this time of year being hard to ship within this country much less between countries it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm pretty sure, based off their aqua bid profile that they are not located in this country. I'd advice instead that you wait until the new year and maybe get from a hobbyist on this site.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
I've always had good luck here
http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 02:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Though I've never done it myself, you would have to deal with transhippers that they work with here in the U.S. But I have to agree on the caution about ordering this time of year.
Just looking at the website, there's really not much there that you can't find locally. Your cost after shipping from overseas makes it a really expensive route to take. The cases where I've read of folks doing this, involve fish specimens you just won't find here in the states.

Angelo

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well I cant find aquatic mag on aquabid only aquatic magic which has no link to that site and im assuming they are different entities.

My gf seems to think they are located in cali.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Honestly, If it was me I wouldn't deal with a website that only lists an email address for contact info.

Angelo

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well she has a ton of plants she has only been able to find there. But that is a very valid point. We are considering maybe buying something really cheap to do a test run and see what happens. Any opinions?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Do a test run if you must but seriously, post a WTB here. People have things.

Mom's Spec V:
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Keep in mind this isn't me we are talking about, this is the gf. I recommended she get them somewhere else but she doesn't want to pay shipping for each separate plant. Which isn't a bad point.

But I appreciate the input. I likely will post up some here as well.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

She certainly does have a valid point. But I just looked at it again and there's a couple of other things that kind of bothered me besides just having an email address as the sole point of contact. There's no "policies", no shipping info., and nothing that resembles a shopping cart where you can see what your shipping costs would be. Just nudge her to send an email to at least inquire about shipping procedures and costs. If this is a company based in Thailand, for instance; shipping can certainly be executed but the cost may make you think twice. Whatever you choose please update for how the experience went for you.

Angelo

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Algae Grower

Hey ErtyJr,

Actually our plant grower is based in MA, USA while our customer support (me) is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. While the website might look so professional, it's been built and ran by a few enthusiasts in the aquatic world.

If your girlfriend has any questions, she can contact us at anytime - we love communication with our clients.

Sales Rep
- Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushkill View Post
She certainly does have a valid point. But I just looked at it again and there's a couple of other things that kind of bothered me besides just having an email address as the sole point of contact. There's no "policies", no shipping info., and nothing that resembles a shopping cart where you can see what your shipping costs would be. Just nudge her to send an email to at least inquire about shipping procedures and costs. If this is a company based in Thailand, for instance; shipping can certainly be executed but the cost may make you think twice. Whatever you choose please update for how the experience went for you.
Thank you Bushkill for the actual feedback, We try to get as much as we possibly can to make the website even better. Our content writer is still working on the policies and shipping info, though our website designer was trying to implement this key information to the actual products themselves.

For our shipping cost, it's actually a flat rate of $8.50 in winter conditions in smaller orders but when reaching a threshold of 11+, we have to use a bigger package which increases this rate. Our shopping cart should be working just fine, showing the shipping cost once you enter the cart page (this is stock functionality from woocommerce)

We definitely love feedback and hopefully our previous & future customers will give their experience with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHerp View Post
Don't. I hope this doesn't count as a vendor review, since I know its not allowed, but my reason is more because of where they are located. I don't advise dealing with international shipping when it comes to aquatic plants unless you have the proper paperwork...and with this time of year being hard to ship within this country much less between countries it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm pretty sure, based off their aqua bid profile that they are not located in this country. I'd advice instead that you wait until the new year and maybe get from a hobbyist on this site.
I think you have us confused with aquatic magic HybridHerp. Which is the company based out of Thailand, They are the ones with the bad reputation. We get a few e-mails a week about this clarification thinking we are aqmagic, which I guess is our faults for picking a name without doing extension research. We are actually named AquaticMag for Magazine; an article website with a marketplace from one of our growers that has been established for over 2+ years. Hope the clarity is a bit better for you Hybridherp.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Oooooohhhhhhhhhh, that's an important distinction. Yah I was confusing that, which I guess isn't surprising given the similar names haha.

Mom's Spec V:
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 04:24 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Oooooohhhhhhhhhh, that's an important distinction. Yah I was confusing that, which I guess isn't surprising given the similar names haha.
Haha it's all good.

Happy holidays everyone
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Mag View Post
Hey ErtyJr,

Actually our plant grower is based in MA, USA while our customer support (me) is based in Las Vegas, Nevada. While the website might look so professional, it's been built and ran by a few enthusiasts in the aquatic world.

If your girlfriend has any questions, she can contact us at anytime - we love communication with our clients.

Sales Rep
- Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushkill View Post
Thank you Bushkill for the actual feedback, We try to get as much as we possibly can to make the website even better. Our content writer is still working on the policies and shipping info, though our website designer was trying to implement this key information to the actual products themselves.

For our shipping cost, it's actually a flat rate of $8.50 in winter conditions in smaller orders but when reaching a threshold of 11+, we have to use a bigger package which increases this rate. Our shopping cart should be working just fine, showing the shipping cost once you enter the cart page (this is stock functionality from woocommerce)

We definitely love feedback and hopefully our previous & future customers will give their experience with us.

Quote:

I think you have us confused with aquatic magic HybridHerp. Which is the company based out of Thailand, They are the ones with the bad reputation. We get a few e-mails a week about this clarification thinking we are aqmagic, which I guess is our faults for picking a name without doing extension research. We are actually named AquaticMag for Magazine; an article website with a marketplace from one of our growers that has been established for over 2+ years. Hope the clarity is a bit better for you Hybridherp.

Hey Jesse thank you for checking in. After looking through the site my girlfriend said she tried to email you guys and that it told her the email was invalid or some such thing.

We had decided to go through another site because of that but now with you coming in and answering in person maybe I will have to rethink that. I'll have to have her relook at the email thing again. We haven't purchased her plants yet we are still looking around.

Last edited by ErtyJr; 12-29-2014 at 01:06 PM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErtyJr View Post
Hey Jesse thank you for checking in. After looking through the site my girlfriend said she tried to email you guys and that it told her the email was invalid or some such thing.

We had decided to go through another site because of that but now with you coming in and answering in person maybe I will have to rethink that. I'll have to have her relook at the email thing again. We haven't purchased her plants yet we are still looking around.
Oh wow, just checked the contact form and saw what you were talking about. We will be getting this fixed immediately as well as the other suggested feedback within this post.

Sales Rep
- Jesse

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode