I need to be patient - The Planted Tank Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
I need to be patient

Does anyone else find it hard to just leave their tank alone and keep things consistant?

Makes me wish I had room for another tank so I had two to mess around with
javajive1981 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: texas
Posts: 927
tank

I am constantly rearranging something in my tank. Your not alone.
rick dale is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Clear Water's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 945
I never leave them alone. I like doing maintenance and rearranging things in the tank. It gives me something to do and with last couple winters it breaks up being bored. Summer is harder when I like being outside.
Clear Water is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
I keep tinkering with my diy co2 and changing my lighting schedule. I know it's not helping but I can't stop messing with stuff. I just started EI dosing and its only been a week and I'm already worring about it not being effective.

I really need to just keep things consitant and give it chance.
javajive1981 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Raymond S.'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hot Springs Ar. 71901
Posts: 5,934
On an old TV show some city people were making fun of their country relatives and asked "So what do you do for fun around here..go and watch the grass grow ?"
Any of you know how long it takes to add 1/4 inch to a stalk of DHG...LOL...
I have some native DHG in my non CO2 tank/low tech. Has 1/3 EI ferts. Single
dose of the regular level. When you go and collect some and you aren't sure it is alive other than it's still green...actually three days to get that 1/4 inch.
I should be on Social Security when it actually carpets that aria...LOL...

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
Raymond S. is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
Knotyoureality's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 1,369
Yep, constantly tinkering. My collection of planted vases and pico containers help me scratch the itch when I need to leave the main tanks be for awhile. Planning out a new mini-setup, pulling spare plants/trimmings and catching critters (mostly snails, cull shrimp and such) to populate them and getting them set up and running can easily fill an afternoon or two. Just as easy to break down as well, which helps keep them from proliferating.
Knotyoureality is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Izzy-'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: California
Posts: 339
Same here, i'm thinking of doing a major makeover on my 20 high, even though im pretty happy with how it is now

The Fraternity of Dirt #169
Izzy- is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
I did have a really nice walstad shrimp 4 gallon in our spare room but it's now a nursery for my daughter. I keep joking about making the kids sleep in the same room so I can fill the little room with a couple of fishtanks.
javajive1981 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
On an old TV show some city people were making fun of their country relatives and asked "So what do you do for fun around here..go and watch the grass grow ?"
Any of you know how long it takes to add 1/4 inch to a stalk of DHG...LOL...
I have some native DHG in my non CO2 tank/low tech. Has 1/3 EI ferts. Single
dose of the regular level. When you go and collect some and you aren't sure it is alive other than it's still green...actually three days to get that 1/4 inch.
I should be on Social Security when it actually carpets that aria...LOL...
Wow that is slow! Lol
I have some lilaeopsis mauritiana that seems to be growing at a snails pace.
javajive1981 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
philipraposo1982's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,020
Maintenance, and more maintenance trim dead leaves, dose, replant after my Cory's uproot something, pull out floating debris, feed fish. Let's not forgot the most important sitting and watching. Its so satisfying seeing my fish and plants thrive and look so happy in their home.

The idea of setting up a pico tank sounds like something I would love to do. I recently picked up some small rocks too, might work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141215_114645.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	405514  


75 Gallon Low Tech w/ Green Terror Pair
philipraposo1982 is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
I do have a mini fish bowl I could set up as a pico!
javajive1981 is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotyoureality View Post
Yep, constantly tinkering. My collection of planted vases and pico containers help me scratch the itch when I need to leave the main tanks be for awhile. Planning out a new mini-setup, pulling spare plants/trimmings and catching critters (mostly snails, cull shrimp and such) to populate them and getting them set up and running can easily fill an afternoon or two. Just as easy to break down as well, which helps keep them from proliferating.
Thank you! I'm all inspired and excited now. Can you post some pics please?

I think the window in my bedroom is crying out for some little aquascapes
javajive1981 is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipraposo1982 View Post
Maintenance, and more maintenance trim dead leaves, dose, replant after my Cory's uproot something, pull out floating debris, feed fish. Let's not forgot the most important sitting and watching. Its so satisfying seeing my fish and plants thrive and look so happy in their home.

The idea of setting up a pico tank sounds like something I would love to do. I recently picked up some small rocks too, might work
Those look perfect!
javajive1981 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (67/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY USA
Posts: 244
The cure is more tanks! ?
beviking is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
 
javajive1981's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: peterborough
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by beviking View Post
The cure is more tanks! ?
I see what you mean it doesn't solve my impatience just gives me a distraction. Hopefully setting up a mini scape will help to take my mind off the main tank.
javajive1981 is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome