Hey everyone!~introduction - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey everyone!~introduction

I've used this forum a couple times to answer some specific planted tank questions, but never became a member. A little about myself...

I have 3 tanks, a 29, 10, and 1.5, all of which are dirted and follow the "walstad" method. All are low-tech, and have very little maintenance.

I got into aquariums a little over a year ago, when i studied the walstad method. So far, i've had great success with it. I recently completely tore down my 29, and started over because i had too many snails, some annoying algae, and wanted a new scape.

I've played piano for 8 years, I like to play volleyball and go surfing, and i enjoy listening to rock music (hardcore stuff usually).

As far as this tank goes, this is a picture of the day i started it. It's been a little over 2 weeks, and so far it hasn't changed much, since all the plants are recuperating. I'm hoping the valls will cover the filter soon, what do you think of my scape?

29 gallons
AQ powerhead 50 w/ sponge filter attached
55 watt CFL retrofit
dirt capped with eco-complete
Dwarf sag, jungle vall, ludwigia, crypt ballansae, anubias, java fern, duckweed

Hope to see you around the forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Welcome,
Over a little time you will notice that anything use as a focus point seems to do better
when slightly off center. Check the Photo Gallery on that.
The rock may be a little large for the "scape" but I certainly wouldn't conclude that
before the plants grew in more. Especially since the right to left slope of the height of the plants seems to work/w the rock well.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Yeah, i probably could've moved it to the right a little. I mostly wanted the rock to help the slope like you said, rather than creating a focal point. It is huge, lol, i had trouble getting it in without dropping it. The problem with 29 gallon scapes is that there's so much empty spaces above, so i tried to avoid this with a tall rock.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode