Floating plant advice ideas - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Floating plant advice ideas

Hey guys just want to know if any of you have any ideas on how to keep floating plants in ONLY one area of the tank I want to contain my plants in just one area of my tank instead of them all over the top blocking my light where I don't want it blocked any one do this? Any ideas on how to do this ? I do not want to relocate my outflows or anything like that was thinking of building some type of weir or something to keep them put love to see or hear your ideas Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Add a feeding ring. You can make this out of drip irrigation parts, air tubing or similar materials. This can then be suction cupped to the side of the tank. Keep the floating plants in the feeding ring, and remove any that escape. If the water action keeps on pushing the plants out of the feeding ring you might have to move the feeding ring or the water outlets. Most floating plants prefer calmer water.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sounds like a good idea I will def give it a try I only have Salvinia and want to keep it in one section of my tank for a little shade it's grows like a weed seems like every other day I am throwing nets full out but I love the way the roots look draping into the tank and serves a good purpose for some shade

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode