Buddy of mine needed help moving his tank yesterday.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Buddy of mine needed help moving his tank yesterday..

So yesterday around 10am my buddy calls me and he's telling me how he has to be moved out of his pad by 9am tomorrow... And I'm thinking okay he needs my help with the Aquarium because I service them as a job and have all the equipment.. So I told him as long as he's got the beer I can help him move the tank.. Then he's all explaining to me how he can't move in to his new place for TEN days... He's got no one willing to take on his 60gallong 5ft loach tank..

This thing is sweet.... 9 clown loaches, some Killi fish, dojo loaches, a fire eel, two red hooked silver dollars, danios, and even some plants... He has Lucky Bamboo, Anacharis, some small swords, and looks like some fern.

Anyway to cut to the chase.. I offered to fish sit his tank for 10 days in my room next to my 20g 30inch reef, 3 snakes, angelfish breeder, and my bed.. I'm 21 years old and it's not like there was much room in here to begin with hahaha.

So we had a couple IPAs and planned it out... Powered down the system, opened up the caster exposing it to open air. Next we took out all the plants, then rocks, then caught the top water fish, then drained the water out with a 800 GPH pump (low gph but it work for my services... I use it to pump water back into build in bar tanks), got the loaches out.... We brought the aquarium with only rock and 0 water in the tank into my girlfriends Ford Explorer.. Fit perfect..

Loaded up all the fish and drove it 1 mile to my house where we backed it it into the garage right next to my room. Got it all into place, even cleaned the canister tubes, and used the hose from outside to pump water in.

We dechlored it and put in the heater and turned on the canister and the pump. I put a giant piece of sponge around his 1200 GPH circulation pump for some more mechanical filtration to clear things up faster. I setup a drip acclimation to these new conditions and we drank beer for 2 hours as it dripped and tank cleared up..

THEN WE PUT THEM IN!!!! They are so stoked and bellies are very full from their massive morning feast.

Anyway I just wanted to share the story of my surprise phone call on my day off... Took us from 1pm to bout 9pm and we stared for a few hours..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1416588083046.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	394337  

Last edited by James`; 11-21-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Damn, you are a good friend!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCousteau View Post
Damn, you are a good friend!
Yuuup wish there was someone like that near me lol I am not looking forward to moving my rack in a year lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I just clicked the link in your sticky!! Very impressive setup! That will be a long day...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)
I feared that this adventure would end in disaster but everything turned out great!
Do watch the Lucky Bamboo, the leaves must be above water or in a few months, it will rot and die.
Good Luck to you and your friend!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

lamiskool, just make it a SFBAAPS meeting! You will have a dozen friends, all with aquarium experience.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode