ordering plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
ordering plants

I was just wondering if any body has had to order plants from more than one place to get what u neeed for a new tank setup and what u do while your waiting on some of the plants to come in? I am thinking that if i set up my 20gallon tank and pu the plants in there while the other ones are coming in that it will be ok but idk if having them without light for 3to4days, while waitng on the other plants to arive so i can put all them in at once instead on putting them in each day instead? SO im just wondering will this be ok or will this make the plants die since they will in the most part be high light plants like hairgrass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 06:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Why not plant your first arrival of plants and have the tank up and running. And just add the next batch of plants when they arrive. And do a water change at that time too so your not planting in a full tank of water.

Bump: Or if you want to plant everything at the same time, just throw the fist batch in the tank and let them float for a couple of days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Why don't you just float the plants in the tank with the lights on?

Then drain it and plant them?

Last edited by Izzy-; 11-11-2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: error

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

ahh good idea =) I just didnt know since its going to be my first time planting if not adding the plants will make an algae bloom happen or what? If that is the case then i will just set my hard scape up and order them =)

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy- View Post
Why don't you just float the plants in the tank with the lights on?

Then drain it and plant them?

I prefer to plant all at once because i see what i'm working with.
Yea im the same way this that type of stuff, i like to see it all together at once or else i loose my train of thought on what i want it to look like.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Algae Grower

Me too. I need to see all the plants I'll be planting before I get to work. Sometimes I'll start planning the scape in my head but then a plant will arrive and it's smaller or not the same shape as I thought it would be or has less leaves than I wanted, so it doesn't match the area I wanted it in lol. In the mean time, I just float the plant. They'll be perfectly fine for a few days
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Will not having the plants planted cause a algae break out? Should i do 50% daily water changes while waiting to get all the plants in?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 03:38 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

It shouldn't. You don't even have to fill the tank up all the way.

I sorta did the same thing. I received my plants Monday, but did not have the time to plant until around Thursday. I did constant water changes and did not have any problems with anything.

If you're that worried about an algae outbreak, you can put them in a container and next to a sunny window.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode