Tiny new scape - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Tiny new scape

I started out with the intention of making an underwater waterfall (using sand) but after 3 rebuilds, I could never get it to act right so I tore it down and made it into this version.

This is a Marineland Portrait tank, 5 gallons, 10.8x10.8x16" tall. I used a Finnex light instead of the cheapo light that came with it. I took the insides out of the tank because the filtration system was no good and there was a partition dividing about 3" of the back of the tank from the rest of the tank that housed the filtration.

The 2nd and 3rd pics are of the sandfall variation. I just couldn't get the sand to flow correctly.

I forgot the type of rock that is the focal point but my son hung off the side of a cliff to get that rock for me years ago. It's gorgeous and the colors go perfectly with the Betta. It's a muted rose/cream color.

The Betta just arrived 2 days ago after being lost in the PO somewhere so he's still stressed. He is only 3 months old, a Dumbo Earred Rose Tailed Betta. He is steel gray and purple/red. Gorgeous in person. There are 2 Red Cherry Shrimp in the tank with him to keep him amused. I'm going to add more when I can catch them out of the other tank.

I have plastic mesh across the back with True Weeping Moss in it to grow a living Moss wall. The small plants at the bottom are Windelov, Wendtti Brown Crypt in the back which will grow tall and thick to hide the filter, Red Ludwigia in the center but is is green due to the low light that was on the tank, Narrow Leafed Java Fern on the tree that Meganne found for me along with the fallen log. Meg went driftwood hunting for me.

With Meganne's help, I put DIY CO2 on the tank yesterday to help give the plants a kick start.

Fraternity of Dirt #160
75 gallon - CO2 injected
5 gallon tall cube - CO2 injected

Wish I had an entire room dedicated just for more tanks!

Last edited by Kntry; 05-18-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 02:08 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Oh that's going to look so beautiful when it gets all grown in!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Thank you! Once the back wall is a waving sea of green, it's going to look awesome!

Fraternity of Dirt #160
75 gallon - CO2 injected
5 gallon tall cube - CO2 injected

Wish I had an entire room dedicated just for more tanks!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode