Planted Plus to Stingray - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Planted Plus to Stingray

Whats up guys,

I recently put a thread up about water params and algae and such ab out maybe two weeks ago. I have been thinking about things for both of my tanks and would really love to eliminate the fact that i need to dose excel or liquid ferts. Both tanks are dirted, I have slowly been tapering the tanks off of ferts completely to go to low tech.

I have no high demanding plants except maybe a red tiger lotus in my 10 gallon. I am thinking of switching my planted+ fixtures to the stingray to give me an official low tech setup. What do you think of this?

Plants are as follows: dwarf sag, amazon swords, red tiger lotus, star grass, jungle val, various crypts, anubias.

The plant list is a combination of both tanks. Both tanks are dirted and look relatively the same and follow the same setup process. I had looked at the PAR values for both lights and the planted+ puts out significantly more light than the stingray so I am not ruling out the fugeray at all but want a low tech/ low maintenance, top-off only, type deal.

With the current setup I am just letting both tanks ride there course as per my previous post I had gotten advice to stop the EI dosing until my water was "normal" basically a test kit needed calibration and I had to retest my water to make sure it was on point with the correct values. I've take n care of that and have decided I wanted a low tech/low maintenance situation. I know I have the plants for it but I wanted to make sure everything else would be okay.

10 Gallon
AC30 HOB filter
50 watt heater
Planted+ fixture
*Set up for one year.*

20 Gallon High
Eheim 2215 canister
100 watt heater
PLanted+ fixture
*Set up for almost half a year*

What do you guys think between the Stingray or possibly the fugeray?

~ Kyle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 04:15 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi there Kyle,
Facing the same dilemma with my 10 gallon so I was curious which Finnex light did you end up using? A Fugeray or a Stingray?
Thanks in advance.

Ian

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode