Conflicted - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Conflicted

I ordered Daphnia Magna from Fishgobble.com a few weeks ago and when it arrived I was less than satisfied. I paid $10 for the starter culture and there were about 20 daphnia, at most 10 adult and the others were so tiny, but it wasn't like they died on the way here. They were all alive just not many were in the container. I thought this might be normal but when I ordered from another source. The container was about twice the size of the one from FishGobble and there were about 4x as many daphnia. I paid $15 for this culture and it included green water and spirulina/yeast mix.
I want to complain to Fishgobble but im not sure if maybe their culture was normal and the other source was just fantastic or if I was really jipped.

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Don't be surprised to find a lot of difference in portion size between sites.
Waste of breath to do anything other than just use the better one.
I find these people to be generous, but that was my opinion after I also got a skimpy order from another site.
http://www.lfscultures.com/index.html
They have scuds which only get 1/4 inch. Great size for my fish and not to hurt anything in my tank. I've heard of the larger ones doing harm.

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
If it were me, I would do two things.

1. Cross Fishgobble off my list of vendors to buy from.
2. Send Fishgobble an email expressing my dissatisfaction and that they need to do better.

I wouldn't go back to them after being burned once. While you may get a replacement or a freebie out of your complaint, you know it''ll happen again, so save the time and aggravation and just cross them off your list. If the $ involved were more significant I'd sing a different tune. I'd chalk this one up to experience.

Angelo

"Why can't my wife see all of this stuff as an investment?"

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode