Ok, I just set up my first planted tank a few weeks ago and my worst nightmares are coming true!!!!
I need help please!!!!!
My HC appears to have some leaves turning a light brownish color. Sorry for the bad pics, i couldnt capture the true color with all the green water. And that brings me to my next issue, GW!! its really bad right now and i cant see in the tank. I also have some GSA on the glass.
Here's the details of my setup:
- tank: 55g
- plants: HC and blyxa japonica
- co2: pressurized, about 4bps
- lights: 216w (54x4) T5HO, 2x bulbs for 8 hours, 4x bulbs for 3 hours
- substrate: flourite
- ferts: EI dosing for 40~60g tank, Excel everyday
- co2: dark green color in drop checker all day (filled w/ 4dkh solution)
- kh: 8
- gh: ~15
- ph: 6.8
- ammonia: 0
- nitrites: 0.25
- nitrates: 40 (tested yesterday, realized it was very high)
So, now the million dollar question, what am i doing wrong? Too much lighting? too much ferts? not enough? not enough co2? could the GW be using up the nutrients in the water causing what appears to be a deficiency in the HC?
Please help me!! i dont wanna throw in the towel already
Heres the pics, best i can do, sorry!