Current UsA Satillite LED opinions. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Current UsA Satillite LED opinions.

So I bought this 100$ current Usa led light and I personally have to say it was a major letdown. I had it on my 10 gallon tank and it would only hit so much in the tank even when it was the right size, I grow java moss and babytears and saw no growth using it even on full spectrum. I went to their site and saw their planted tank used 2 of them for such a small tank to have high lighting...now I run two clamp lamps on my 10gallon tank using 5000k 14watt cfls which costed me only 17 dollars in total and it put my led to shame growth wise. I dont know what to even do with this thing I just might give it away for free when I give away my 10 gallon also...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 04:30 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

My tank is a 60 p , I run doubles as well to be on the safe side, may be one is not enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Algae Grower

If you go to the lighting section, you can find the Satellite+ club thread there with many people doing pretty well with this light.

LEDs aren't for everyone, especially in terms of cost, but they put out less heat, are more compact, use less energy, and are more customizable/flexible.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Mine does OK slow and steady growth make sure u have it set on the yellow. It gives the best par values as per currents website par chart

Warranty not included
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 03:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/86%)
Yellow would give a light the lowest PAR, aside from green. Maybe they mean lumens or lux? Highest PAR would come from running reds and blues at max with some whites as well.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 04:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yellow is the color on the remote button,which activates the "Full spectrum"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 04:36 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)
I had a satellite+ suspended 12" from the substrate in my 8g and my HC "carpet" looked terrible. They never really grew compact and in a horizontal direction. Instead, they grew vertically and looked very stringy. Based on what I've read on here, it means that there wasn't enough light so the plant was "reaching". I gave up on the HC after it became infested with algae and, now, I'm having better luck with DHG belem. That satellite+ alone, though, wasn't close to providing adequate lighting in my 8g. I've had to add a planted+ in order to get medium-high light. Overall, it's a nice gimmicky fixture with all the bells and whistles. But to me, it doesn't provide enough lighting to grow much else besides low light plants.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
The Satellite LED+ is great if you are using it for what it is designed for. It is not designed to provide high light. My 75 Gallon is planted and only uses a single 48" Sat+.

Edit: And how much is your CFL setup costing you in electricity?

|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode