Brighter Satellite Freshwater PLUS in the works? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Brighter Satellite Freshwater PLUS in the works?

Just read a review of the Satellite Freshwater LED PLUS dated June of last year where the reviewer mentioned he had heard a higher intensity version was in the works. Has that higher intensity version come out since then or has it not hit the store shelves yet?

I'm about to buy a couple of these, but if a brighter version is coming out soon I'll hold out till it hits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Check out the Ecoxotic E series, it is Current's sister company. I don't have one but from what I have read it's all the bells and whistles of the Sat+ with a more plant geared light output. Plus you might get away with only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyheathhays View Post
Just read a review of the Satellite Freshwater LED PLUS dated June of last year where the reviewer mentioned he had heard a higher intensity version was in the works. Has that higher intensity version come out since then or has it not hit the store shelves yet?

I'm about to buy a couple of these, but if a brighter version is coming out soon I'll hold out till it hits.

Ehiem Pimp Club #546
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 03:32 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyheathhays View Post

Yes it has. It's the Ecoxotic E-Series mentioned above. I'm getting higher PAR with one than I had with 2 Satellite LED+'s, and my tank is more open on top. It also has a much better controller. The 2 LED+'s I had better coverage, which was the only trade off. I much prefer the single Ecoxotic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode