what do you guys think of my new rescaped 60 gal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Talking what do you guys think of my new rescaped 60 gal

this is a tank i started with very very low money it is mostly clippings of hygro from my 46 gal bow front.this is the 2nd scape i did in this tank the 1st one looked to clutterd so i thined it out and kind of did a island type of scape.the plants i have in there are hygros,Rotala rotundifolia,giant hairgrass,and four leaf clover shamrock.livestock neon tetras,amano shrimp,bamboo shrimp,zebra danios,bronze cory cats,ottos,rummy nose,serpae tetras,mystery snails,and albino chianese algae eater......tank specs 1.3 wpg,diy co2,80f,whisper filter,.i been having probs with algae forming on the top of my leaves even on my four leaf clover shamrocks leaves if anybody can give me advise on how to get rid of this i would apreciate it thanks.. and any comments are welcome

Last edited by i love planted tanks; 04-25-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Algae Grower

The tank looks nice, its just the drift wood placement isn't really working for me. I would suggest maybe stacking some of those peices. Maybe add a rock or two.The island scapes with the branches formed in sort of a Tee Pee shape (not to a point though) are pretty nice looking once the plants grow in a bit.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ya ive been wondering how i could put the wood where it would look better or more natural...and thanks for the nice comment by the way

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
I like it!!!! IF it were my tank, I would move all the tall plants to the left and the driftwood to the right with a little bit of moss growing on the driftwood.

Just do what is pleasing to you! You look at it everyday.

Jamie
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (57/100%)
i would actually move the tall plants to the right and the driftwood to the left. but thats just me, lol. If i were you, i'd put in some crypto. parva or willisii on the sides or middle of the midground, and then put chainswords as a foreground plants. or something like that.

The background and hardscape look fantastic, but the midground and foreground look abandoned. If you put in some shorter plants in the front and some carpet plants front and center, i think it would add a lot.

PS bamboo shrimp. are. AWESOME.

Wilson
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- As of 8/10, gone nano-reef!

, last updated 1/14

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode