Plants and Rocks/stones identification - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Plants and Rocks/stones identification

hi, im new to this site and i LOVE it!. this will be my first dabble with planted tanks in general and to be honest, i think its a bit out of my league lol but i hope it gets easier in the long run.....im not buying or doing anything til im fully confident with my research. so i came across this site with this amazing set up, can anyone identify all the plants and thos rocks/stone he/she used??? http://bp1.blogger.com/_cwbt2D65i9k/...5_original.jpg

i was hoping to house two adult discus in this tank(dreaming lol) so what exactly is the chemistry needed to thrive both plants and discus in this particular set up(i have a 40 tall BTW)? how hard is it to balance whatever is needed to be balance (dont know the lingo hehe) thanks and any opinion and comments are welcome, thanks guys and have a good one

PS and where do i ger these fantastic plants and rocks?

Benedict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 03:54 AM

www.rexgrigg.com

spend a few hours reading, this site is amazing.

it took me a few days to read all the articles but it was worth it.

good luck with your information hunt and welcome to growing plants underwater.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 04:10 AM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
I bet your anxious lol. I dont have any idea about those rocks, but the plants look like blyxa japonica (spiky plant) hc (cant remember full name lol, the plant on the bottom) some kind of rotala (in the back right corner) riccia (the light green plant brdering the rock on the left and in front of the rock on the right) and maybe needle leaf java fern (between the riccia and the big rock on the right)

-Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (38/100%)
Just so you know a 40 isn't nearly big enough to keep discus in, I don't blame you for wishing it were though
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwhite View Post
Just so you know a 40 isn't nearly big enough to keep discus in, I don't blame you for wishing it were though
yea, kinda stuffy and will get more when i add plants and so, but i was hoping theyl do fine as a breeding pair (though im not planning on breeding or whatsoever).

Benedict
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

are these plants hard to keep? will they be ok in a low tech set up? i currently have 6700k pc...is that good enough? will i be needing CO2? will i be fine with a DIY CO2 thingy? thanks so much ----oh and what substrate should i use?

Benedict

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode