new tank - woot! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
new tank - woot!

Sooo...I was putzing around in my 10g planted, and noticed a fire hazard. The lighting, which was an incandescent hood with a couple of CFs screwed in, was getting too hot and the plastic was scorching and melting. So I headed out to the lfs to try and find a lighting upgrade. They didn't carry anything small enough.

My solution?

Like any good fishaddict, er, I mean fishkeeper, I decided the answer was to upgrade to a bigger tank which they did make better lights for.

Of course, it didn't hurt that there was a beautiful rimless 20 UK Gallon (23 US Gallons) for sale for $45!

So, now I've got tank, stand, light, light mounts, filter, substrate (fluorite mixed with GEO systems gravel) set up and running, even some new plants and three little panda cories.

Today I've got to scape it, plant it (with all the plants from my 10g), and then move the fish and filter media from the 10g over. Of course, now with both the 20 and the 10 running, a big part of me wants to keep them both set up! However, my husband would blow a fit, lol.

Once it's all scaped, I'll post some pics over in the journal section. For now, I just wanted to share the news.

Aren't new tanks fun?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
LOL, MTS. Is my guess correct that it means Multi Tank Syndrone? Guess I've got it bad! Sounds like a great new tank. Great buy on a rimless. I say you have to eventually work the 10 Gal back into the mix. Can't let a tank just sit???

Larry Bugg
Atlanta Area Aquarium Association
North American Discus Association - Vice President
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman View Post
Can't let a tank just sit???
I have a 10g and a 5.5g with all the equipment just sitting in my apt's basement. Everytime I go down there to do laundry I see them and just itch to set them up, lol, but I know I don't have enough room and time to keep them maintained....

Great buy on the rimless! Post some pics soon!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode