I. love. Co Workers! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
Talking I. love. Co Workers!

So, it's 6:03 AM.

Here I am, rolling a new WoW [World of Warcraft] Character, just chilling, doing my thing, phone rings.

I'm like, huhwut? Since my boyfriend's break at work [night shift, obviously] is well past over.

Answer it.

I'M GETTING A FREE 55 GALLON TANK FULL SET UP SANS A STAND.

oh.. mygoodness.

I'm so excited. I couldn't have a 55g Because we didn't have the money to buy one, and people who craigslist theirs in our area always super over price it.

But my boyfriend was talking with a co-worker about fish tanks, and about how much I love them and working on them, and his buddy is like "you know, I have an extra 55 laying around, i downgraded to a 20 because [some reason here that I forget], you guys can have it if you'd like."

So of course, my boyfriend calls me to tell me.

I'm so insainly excited. We don't really have the money to go out and buy substrate, plants, etc for a month or two, but at least I can set it up and just stare at it for hours while planning for it! :]

Just thought i'd share the joy.

Man oh man, my 10g and 20g sure are going to look patheticly tiny in comparison .. <3.

I can finally have Clown Loaches! -glee-

[ Is it sad that I'm so excited I'm near tears..? Rofl. I'm too emotional <3 ]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
HC 'Cuba' Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeinatedCake View Post

[ Is it sad that I'm so excited I'm near tears..? Rofl. I'm too emotional <3 ]
maybe it's all that caffeine... just a thought

nice catch though, have fun with it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 AM

PTrader: (7/100%)
I only clicked on this because I saw "caffeine". Nah, just kidding.

Great catch! Freebies are a welcomed addition. I'm sure you'll have fun setting it up. Pics

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticmaniac View Post
I only clicked on this because I saw "caffeine". Nah, just kidding.

Great catch! Freebies are a welcomed addition. I'm sure you'll have fun setting it up. Pics
Rofl. I'm already schemeing >:].

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmLaracy View Post
maybe it's all that caffeine... just a thought

nice catch though, have fun with it
Haha, maybe it is :O .

I'm just so happy I get to have a nice large tank to play with, seeing as my boyfriend shot down my ideas of a bigger tank because of the initial cost. but since we're getting the tank and accessories free.. >:] He said I can go hog wild. .. when we have the money for plants/substrate, anyway. =P.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
sweet! there is no better feeling then getting a big tank. Especially when its free.
Do alot of people play WOW here?. Im on the icecrown server. Is there anyone else out there 2?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon1977 View Post
sweet! there is no better feeling then getting a big tank. Especially when its free.
Do alot of people play WOW here?. Im on the icecrown server. Is there anyone else out there 2?

Lol :].

My boyfriend and I play on Gorefiend now [PvP] Horde, We used to play on Terenas (horde), took a long hiatus from the game, came back shortly before they started that refer-a-friend thing, and used that to level up on a friend's server , Eonar, as alliance.

They stopped playing, so we hopped to Gorefiend, back to the horde 8D.

rofl.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
If you're on a budget you need to check out how to make Mineralized Soil, head over to the Substrate forum. Might not take nearly as long as you're thinking to get this baby up and running...

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode