Three good reasons to feel great about today :) (yes, this involves my tank) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Three good reasons to feel great about today :) (yes, this involves my tank)

Folks, after a not so great start to my Monday, things are really beginning to look up. Most of the news has to do with fishkeeping, so I wanted to share with all the patient posters that "held my hand" through a freak bleach-crisis. Firstly, the best news: FINALLY, after TWO long months of waiting for the post office to forward it back to the IRS after having delivered it to my old address, I got my stimulus check in the mail Now I can finally pay my car insurance.

Secondly, I visited another fish store today that I hadn't been to in quite awhile. Not only do they have all the fish I'm interested in (TRUE blue platies, not the spotted blues that PETCO sells) but at somewhat competitive prices. I also discovered the most adorable gourami that I've got to incorporate into one of my tanks, somehow - either my 3gal or my 10gal (the latter will potentially hold 5 white clouds and 3 blue platys.) It is a flame gourami, and only grows to about 2 in. long, or so I was told. I asked the fish attendant if it would be all right in a 3gal, but she advised a 10gal, in spite of what I already plan to stock. So, we'll see.

Lastly, ALL of my plants have survived the bleach treatment, even the mystery bulbs that I was so worried about. All of the old leaves disentegrated, but there were already new ones shooting up in their place and they grow FAST. I'm so happy that I didn't lose those plants; they really are the favorites in my tank. Furthermore, I've actually managed to keep a baby java fern happy and healthy. It's budding off of an old plant, and I went ahead and removed all the older, spotted leaves. These "baby" plants really are beautiful, which is why I included pictures

In any case, I'm very proud of myself for being able to keep a planted tank, seeing as I couldn't even keep much more than a betta alive not so long ago. Can't *wait* to set up my 10gal and stock those platies. Don't worry, though, I know about the nitrogen cycle

P.S. Again, I must apologize for how much my camera sucks.

Last edited by thepresidentsdaughter; 01-02-2015 at 12:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
YAAAAAY for you!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Glad your day is starting to look up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
wohoo!!!! some advice on your camera can be found here

taking pictures of my tank with digital camera how to - The Planted Tank Forum

not sure if your camera is digital but there are some links in there that tell you how to take better pics, not always super amazing like the ones you see but better!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal
Isn't it great that it all worked out!

Just keeping on keeping on....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
YAAAAAY for you!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizu-chan
Glad your day is starting to look up!
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Gal
Isn't it great that it all worked out!
It is, thanks.

And thanks, markopolo, for the links to photography tips. My current camera is a used digital and was given to me for free. Great deal, in that respect, but it didn't come with an instruction manual. Were I industrious enough, I could probably figure out how to focus things a lot better. But, as it stands, I can't even shut off the flash; so, the problem is one part camera, two parts photographer, I'm afraid.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode