Anyone heard from Rex Grigg lately? - The Planted Tank Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone heard from Rex Grigg lately?

I sent him a paypal payment for a reactor and some other stuff on the 20th, specifying exactly what the funds were for, and I haven't received an email from him since the 27th (on a matter unrelated to my order)..

He was initially answering when we discussed my order, but nothing since the 27th, and nothing at all regarding the reactor..

I've sent several emails, and even posted on his forum..

Is this typical?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Algae Grower

I had no communication problems with him. I didnt hear from him for about 2 weeks when he was packaging up ferts but he answered my emails. He even dropped everything off at my work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
He is a busy guy and this was a holiday weekend. There's a clause on his site somewhere about him getting to stuff when he gets to it. That said, I've never had an issue with him and you could probably bank on it arriving tomorrow or early next week.

-Lamar

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

No, I'm sure he IS a very busy guy, and I've made a conscious effort to be as aloof and poilte as possible about it..

And I'm sure he must get quite a few emails a day..

I just don't see how it's inconvenient to acknowledge an email..

Hopefully it DOES arrive soon, but I don't even know if it's been shipped..

Last edited by DougZ; 09-06-2008 at 02:09 AM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
Last Activity: 08-20-2008 08:21 AM
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
It does take him a little while to respond to my emails as well. Per the clause on his site, I don't get impatient. He has a lot of people hitting him up for info and products, and is not really a dealer as much as doing the hobby a favor. Plus there's life, job etc. I imagine he also gets annoyed easily (read certain things on his site about not following instructions, and your money going to his cigars etc) so I imagine he probably gets annoyed at repetitive emails (again, the clause is there).

Don't fret, this is normal and I'm sure you'll get your stuff.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Yea.. rex is an honest business man. I wouldn't worry bout your order. If you paid and followed instructions, you will get your products in due time.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Algae Grower

No worries about Rex. I placed an order with him in July. Took him a week and a half to ship it.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ View Post
No, I'm sure he IS a very busy guy, and I've made a conscious effort to be as aloof and poilte as possible about it..

And I'm sure he must get quite a few emails a day..

I've tried to be as aloof and polite as possible..

I just don't see how it's inconvenient to acknowledge an email..

Hopefully it DOES arrive soon, but I don't even know if it's been shipped..
When mine was shipped in July I got a message from paypal with a tracking number.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Oh, I'm not knocking his integrity or his work ethic..

Was just wondering if anyone else had heard from him lately, and I was just being shunned for bugging him.. , or wether he was sick or without email or something

(though again, I can't see how 2 requests for an update after a week, then another after 2 weeks is "bugging").
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
He hasn't been on here since the 20th. I'm sure something came up and he has a good excuse. Don't worry, He isn't like planetinverts....
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
i'm on the same boat. i paid for my order on 8/13 and havent heard anything. i know he's very busy and all, but its going on a month already and i really need my ferts. sent several emails with no reply. i asked for a refund a few days ago because i just cant wait any longer. we'll see what happens

~ Jose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
If you have been following his posts through the years, he has had some pretty serious issues with his back and some sort of vertigo if I remember correctly.

I have dealt with him online several times, and in person once, and he was always friendly and honest with his dealings.

If he really has disappeared, I can only assume it is because his health issues have resurfaced, or something equally as serious. I'm positive he would not leave people hanging without very good reason.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 AM

PTrader: (8/100%)
WOW people just need to relax, i dont Know Rex personally but i have emailed him with questions, it took a week or two for him to answer. Also Consider he is a Postal Worker, and when ever there is a Holiday it creates a back log that they have to catch up on to make sure everyone gets their mail in as timely fashion as possible. His Online Site is a Side Business not his first priority in life and not his sole income so it is quite possible that he is/has been just busy with real life.Personally the Disclaimers on his site say it all.

"
Make sure you include a note in your payment telling me what it is you are ordering. I'm not a mind reader. And I talk to an average of around 20 people a day on 4-5 different forums and via email. If you neglect to include a note then one of two things will happen. I will ignore your payment till you contact me wondering where your stuff is or I will convert that payment into beer and cigars. If I don't convert the payment into beer and cigars then I will send the payment back after a week. Payments without notes may be considered donations. Read this paragraph till you understand it.
If you are paying via PayPal please make sure that your shipping address registered at PayPal is correct. I use PayPal shipping. If that address is not correct then you are going to have problems. If you moved two years ago and have not updated your shipping address then shame on you. You can ask to have your order shipped to a different address. I will TRY and accommodate these requests. But if I'm in a hurry or the requested shipping address is not clearly visible when I am processing the order then chances are the order is going to the registered address."

Kinda Says it all
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (78/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tex Gal
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why they haven't received their order in a month. When I ordered from him I got my stuff quickly. I would also begin to wonder after a month. He never says on his web site that it takes a month to get orders out. Perhaps it is his health or something.

Hope you get your stuff before you run out!

Just keeping on keeping on....

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode