Planted Tank Guru
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Contra Costa CA
1 angelfish Good as a single, or get a mate if you know the sex of the one you have.
-2 red minor tetras Schooling. Get more. Maybe small enough to get eaten.
-1 black neon tetra Schooling, but small enough to get eaten.
-1 long finned rosy barb Cool water fish, does not belong in this set up. Nice fish, OK in a small group in a tank of about 30 gallons.
- 5 Cory cats Schooling. 5-6 is a minimum. Might get eaten.
- 1 pictus catfish Really neat fish! OK as a single, or in a group. Predator. That mouth can open wide enough to eat the smaller fish on this list.
- 1 clown loach Social fish that can reach a foot long. Best kept in a group of at least half a dozen. A 200+ gallon tank is a good idea.
- 2 kuhli loaches Social fish, but could get eaten. I would put these is a separate tank, not with the predators.
- 1 peacock eel One of the smaller eels, but a predator. Can open that mouth awfully big! For size, not too bad in your tank, but you cannot keep anything smaller in this tank. Better to move him to a larger tank so you can keep some other fish without them getting eaten.
- 2 plecos The Pleco with the facial adornment is a very good fish.
Bristlenose Pleco. Good algae eater, generally does not bother the other fish, ideal for this tank size. There are several color variations, and long fin types.
The 'basic petsmart pleco' can be any of several species that get anywhere from a foot to 2' long. They grow FAST. (Nephew got one less than a year ago and it is 6" long already).
Unless the 'larger tank' is going to be 200+ gallons, return this fish.