Babies. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
TJT

PTrader: (0/0%)
Babies.

Your probably curious how i have one thread going on a Discus with possibly Dropsy and now a new thread names Babies.. hahah I just found 5 babie albino red sword babies in my tank. Me and my fiancee have been thinking for months they were pregnant. I never really notcied them until i turned my powerhead off for my discus(hes having problems swiming).

The funny part was i dropped some bloodworms into the tank to feed the discus when i noticed the babies and almost paniced because i thought they were bacteria in the food or something.

Well time to get a fish net and figure out how to protect them as i know the other fish will eat them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 AM

Congratulations on your fry! Hope they grow! Just a suggestion, but why not buy a divider and separate the fry from the others and the parents to so they'll grow easier, like with my red platy fry, the female gave birth to them from the stomach, and i quickly separated the fish from the fry, now they swimming happily eating healthy. Congratulations!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
TJT

Yeah we went and got a "net" for them, basicly a cube that sits in the corner of the tank so they are safe. I found 5, but im sure there is a lot more, due to my disucs being sick i dont want to fish around and bother everything seems my tanks might be stressed out somewhat already.

I also bought some "insta baby brine shrimp" from a new lfs i went too today. The owner suggested it, it looks like a tiny jar of just eggs. He said they will grow very quicky on it so im excited. One month till i can get a new tank because im moving, my current tank is already overstocked, do you know how long untill these guys start to get to a decent size where there bioload can be counted as a fish?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:29 AM

I'm not exactly sure how big your fish gets, max size, but probably when it becomes 1-2 inches it would probably be known as a fish.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode