Tank's Background color and why? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Tank's Background color and why?

Hi there, you have all very nice tank, everyone of you, i saw them all,and i read most useful info here in this fantastic forum. I'm really proud to be a member here.. anyway, some of you left the tank without paint/boaster . .ummm just wondering, leaving the tank background taking colour of the wall will be good idea?? or painting black colour doesn't reduce the view of the tank? can anyone let me know his opinion regarding the background please?and why?... many thanks for all ..regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
I would say get a background because of a few reasons. One, the hide the filters and sometimes the heaters fairly well by blending in to the color as well as hiding the cords for all the equipment. the second reason is that it makes all the colors pop. This is very similar to having dark substrates. The fish and plants turn out more colorful. The third would be the depth it adds to the aquarium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Right now I have a light blue back ground but as soon as I can find dark blue one in the fabrics department at walmart cheep then I well change it out.
For me it makes pictures look nicer and covers up some of the cords and junk in the back.

My planted tank. 55 gallon fluorite substrate over soil, 64 watts of light, excel twice a week. Weekly water changes. Angelfish pair, guppies, BN plecos and otos. Redone 11/13/2012
One non planted tanks. 75 gallon.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

nice reasonS James, darker or lighter background? In my view,lighter will make the tank bigger? I'm I right Kolkri? i'm searching for light blue (sky), all we have here are dark blue
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via MSN to James From Cali Send a message via Yahoo to James From Cali
Darker would be the best for alot of the reasons I mentioned if not all.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Anti iwagumi

PTrader: (113/99%)
ive seen some heavily planted green tanks with white backgrounds that were neat. black seems to be the norm and shows off all color plants and fish.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
I like the light blue and yes the tank looks bigger and brighter but when taking pictures the fish and plants are not as easy to see.

My planted tank. 55 gallon fluorite substrate over soil, 64 watts of light, excel twice a week. Weekly water changes. Angelfish pair, guppies, BN plecos and otos. Redone 11/13/2012
One non planted tanks. 75 gallon.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by James From Cali View Post
I would say get a background because of a few reasons. One, the hide the filters and sometimes the heaters fairly well by blending in to the color as well as hiding the cords for all the equipment. the second reason is that it makes all the colors pop. This is very similar to having dark substrates. The fish and plants turn out more colorful. The third would be the depth it adds to the aquarium.
My thoughts exactly.

210 g - Empty right now

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode