New Aquarium... Advice please! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Aquarium... Advice please!

Hi all,

I have joined this forum to get to know some people with similar interests and gain from your wealth of experience!!

I have recently set up an aquarium, photos attached, and although I am relatively happy, i am not overjoyed, and I am certain it can be improved. (Doesn't look a patch on he green machine expert on YouTube!!!)

I am a beginner to planted aquariums and aquascaping, apart from having had a small 30l for the past year to try out the basics.

I am looking to be more experimental and hoped for some advance on some other plants I could add to the set up.

Comments are all welcome, however critical!! Maybe I even need to adjust the location of the stones??

I will be adding a black background over the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance for all your help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1410198766167.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	368033  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1410199051250.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	368041  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Since your relatively new to the aquarium scene let's start with the specs of your tank to allow others, myself included, to appropriately recommend plants and possibly fish. After we get your specs in order we can fully recommend some things based off of the route you want to go with the tank

Just food for thought. Typically good beginner plants are swords, crypts, dwarf sag, mosses, Ludwigia, java fern, and Anubias to name a few.

Also on aquascaping the rock and substrate combination looks fine, however I feel the rocks are to centralized make your focal point to one side or the other.

Any questions just ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Hi there thanks for the prompt response.

I have a 90litre fluval Roma, two Power-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 15W 18inch for lighting, 100w heater.

I have opted for echinodorus bleheri on the right had side, and lilaeopsis brasiliensis in the foreground, however I feel it is missing something...

Would you suggest moving the primary stone across to the right slightly? I did experiment with a set up that was banked up to the right, however I wanted to retain a 270 degree viewing angle.

Thanks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
I like the rock placement as is if you could shift it to one side or the other to make your eye look at that first. I'm not sure of the spectrum on that as far as low to high light

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Looks great mate. Hide the heater though behind the amazon. I would also concentrate the plantings on the 'hill' and use something different in the foreground. Nice one!

| Eheim Prof 3, 2217, 2213 (Purigen only) + 350 Skim, Reeflex UV 800 | HC300A Chiller | 3xKessil A360WE LED + Spectral Controller | Pres. CO2 + Aqua Medic Reactor1000 | DIY Fertz + 2 x Jabeo DP-4 | CAL AQUA LABSí Black Earth & GreenBase subst. + root tabs

| Eheim 2217 + 2213 | Kessil A360WE LED + Spectral Controller | Pres. CO2 + atomiser | DIY Fertz | ADA Africana + root tabs.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode