Where do you guys buy CO2 diffusers/and other access. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Where do you guys buy CO2 diffusers/and other access.

I have a planted tank and am using the Bell method to diffuse co2 in my tank, however it isnt working too well for me.

So I wanted to know where do you guys go for your co2 ladders, glass diffusers? what stores are the cheapest? petsmart/petco/others?
(I am in Illinois)

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Fear the Swamp!

PTrader: (176/100%)
I stopped going to stores for stuff like that. I shop almost exclusively with Greenleaf Aquariums. Orlando is top notch and ships stuff real quick.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 02:56 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Ditto - I have ordered from Greenleaf - they simply can't be beat for the planter.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned

PTrader: (19/100%)
I've been getting Victor dual stage regulators from eBay and getting the needle/metering valves, solenoids, bubble counters, and brass parts from Green Leaf Aquariums and Sumo. Rex Grigg has these part too. I build my own using Rex's directions. http://www.rexgrigg.com/regulator.htm

These are the Victor regulators that I use: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmrmotorcycles

You can get diffuses/reactors/misters/etc. from many places including Green Leaf Aquariuums.

EHEIM PIMP #164
Classic 2011, Classic 2213, Classic 2217, ECCO 2236, Pro II 2028, Liberty 2040, Liberty 2042

VICTOR PIMP #1
VTS253A-1993, VTS250B-580, VTS253D-320, HPT500-40-350-4M, SGT500-40-4F-DK

Last edited by Left C; 08-16-2008 at 04:18 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cah925 View Post
I stopped going to stores for stuff like that. I shop almost exclusively with Greenleaf Aquariums. Orlando is top notch and ships stuff real quick.
Good prices, but add in shipping and its back to square one.
Are their bigals store locations (like in Canada) or are the only online

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
If those prices are too high, then look here
I have purchased from several of these folks and have had great luck. You won't beat the prices and honestly, when it comes to regular diffusers and drop checkers they are pretty much all the same. It might seem sketchy coming from hong kong but I assure you that it is actually rather quick shipping and their feedback doesn't lie.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by over_stocked View Post
If those prices are too high, then look here
I have purchased from several of these folks and have had great luck. You won't beat the prices and honestly, when it comes to regular diffusers and drop checkers they are pretty much all the same. It might seem sketchy coming from hong kong but I assure you that it is actually rather quick shipping and their feedback doesn't lie.
I am loving this! I cant belive I didnt check ebay! Thankyou Thankyou

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

actually, over_stocked, there dont seem to be any ladders in here, I have diy yeast bottles and dont like the pollen glass diffusers since sometimes little debris from the yeast makes it way into the tank and most prob will block the porous material.

will these work with diy yeast?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:37 PM

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin_pak View Post
actually, over_stocked, there dont seem to be any ladders in here, I have diy yeast bottles and dont like the pollen glass diffusers since sometimes little debris from the yeast makes it way into the tank and most prob will block the porous material.

will these work with diy yeast?
You can use DIY and avoid any and all yeast in the tank, you set up a gas separator (a bottle with water in it) Here are a couple links on how to set up DIY CO2 very helpful!

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

http://diyyeastco2.blogspot.com/

Hope these links help.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
You don't think ebay sellers charge shipping? There are a number of places on the internet that sell the hagen ladder, diffusors or reactors and UPS ground shipping is somewhere between 4 and 8 dollars. Thats a gallon and a half of gas!

Personaly, I do not like diffusors, glass or other wise any more either. A reactor is a device that mixes gas with water and pumps the enriched water into your aquarium. You can get an external one that hooks up to a canister filter or pump. Real easy to hook up, and very effective. Like this one

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
You don't think ebay sellers charge shipping? There are a number of places on the internet that sell the hagen ladder, diffusors or reactors and UPS ground shipping is somewhere between 4 and 8 dollars. Thats a gallon and a half of gas!

Personaly, I do not like diffusors, glass or other wise any more either. A reactor is a device that mixes gas with water and pumps the enriched water into your aquarium. You can get an external one that hooks up to a canister filter or pump. Real easy to hook up, and very effective. Like this one
Did you look at those links items? Cause I'm pretty sure you can easily get a diffuser for 6 bucks shipped...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
You need to go back and check it again! The shipping alone ranges from 6 to 9 dollars, and thats shipping from Malaysia. Lets see, six dollar shipping from Malaysia, I wonder how long that takes? Three weeks? A month? There are tons of places to buy that junk right here in the USA.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

yeah i saw a couple of items, 2 medium glass diffuser (like the above pic) = 12$ shipped. I am having second thoughts though, and might go for reactors DIY style.
Power Heads + Gravel vac.
something like this

Now I hope I can score some cheap powerheads from petsmart/petco.... I remember back in Canada powerheads were about 40$ (the smallest one)

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
You could try this....http://www.plantguild.com/co2.html
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
hot damn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
You need to go back and check it again! The shipping alone ranges from 6 to 9 dollars, and thats shipping from Malaysia. Lets see, six dollar shipping from Malaysia, I wonder how long that takes? Three weeks? A month? There are tons of places to buy that junk right here in the USA.
Per your request, I have gone back and checked again...
This, This, This, http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Design-C...QQcmdZViewItem, This.

And I stopped because I got bored. I've ordered from several of these "malaysian" and I've gotten my items in less than 7 days almost every time. Hell, I have had shipments from the Dr's and Big Al's take longer than that. If you can plan on it taking 7-10 days, then it isn't a problem. If you need it ASAP, order state side.

I'm not saying to order from these places every time, but seriously, if you haven't ever done this(and I already said I have, as have numerous members on this forum) don't waste our damn time.

I gladly support guys like Orlando(just placed an order with him). On the other hand, when I can save 14 bucks, and get pretty much the same thing... I will.

Take a look at aquaticmagic's feedback. Honestly, if only 9 out of nearly 1300 people in 30 days complained, I have no qualms ordering from someone. 115 people in over 17,000 have posted negative feedback. I've ordered from him and NEVER had a problem.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode