Question about buying plants online and shipping timeframes - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Question about buying plants online and shipping timeframes

Hi,

I want to place an order online soon with Aqua Botanic for some HC but I'm not sure about the shipping times. They have several options and the prices vary a lot.

This will be my first time ordering plants online. They are in Oregon and I'm in California. Which shipping option will I need to select in order to rest assured the HC will arrive ok? I'm sure overnight is a little unnecessary but im not sure!!

thx

~ Jose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 AM

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
Hi,

I want to place an order online soon with Aqua Botanic for some HC but I'm not sure about the shipping times. They have several options and the prices vary a lot.

This will be my first time ordering plants online. They are in Oregon and I'm in California. Which shipping option will I need to select in order to rest assured the HC will arrive ok? I'm sure overnight is a little unnecessary but im not sure!!

thx
I would go with the fastest you can comfortable afford. If you can afford Overnight by all means DO IT. Remember you are putting something that needs light to live into complete darkness for the duration of shipping. So faster is always better!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:00 AM
Anti iwagumi

PTrader: (113/99%)
2-3 days estimated shipping would be fine. it'll probably get to you in 2, 1 maybe even. overnight isnt necessary on plants.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
I'd gauge it on your weather. In most cases without extreme weather 2-3 day Priority Shipping works just fine. In really hot or really cold weather, overnight is the best way to protect your investment; depending of course on the cost of your plant order versus the cost of shipping.

- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Healthy plants can endure days without light with no problems whatsoever. I live in Oregon and have received shipments from Cali via priority without any problems. You'll be fine. If the plants are nicely packed and still look damaged, they probably were in poor condition before shipping.

Pimp Club Member #313
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
I dunno.... Merced can get pretty hot. I used to be stationed at Castle AFB. Flightline routinely got over 120 degrees.

To be safe I'd get the fastest shipping that you can afford and be there as soon after the shipment arrives as possible.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTheEdge View Post
I dunno.... Merced can get pretty hot. I used to be stationed at Castle AFB. Flightline routinely got over 120 degrees.

To be safe I'd get the fastest shipping that you can afford and be there as soon after the shipment arrives as possible.
The weather forecast for this coming week is ~97*F. Is it always that hot?? If not, see if Robert can hold off shipping until it's cooler. If he ships in an insulated box, it should be OK.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Thanks for info everybody. Yeah, Merced is always hot in the summer! 97 is actually pretty cool. were almost always 100+ here in central CA.

I might do the UPS 2nd day. thier website says it should be about $20. for an extra $3, they will add an insulated pack to keep the plants cool during shipping so this should help...

~ Jose

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (266/100%)
Priority w/ cold pack would probably do it.

Ask Robert what he thinks. And if there's a DOA guarantee.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode