I'm not new at this but these are some nagging questions I've had. I figured I would see if I could get them answered BEFORE I set up another tank.
A 20 long with an ehiem 2213. Coralife 30" T5 NO
. I've painted the back a lovely shade of dark blue and I plan on using play sand for a substrate, or Safe T Sorb, haven't decided yet. Or maybe both.
1) Does the ehiem need to be below the tank in order to work? I may end up having the filter behind the tank in which case the pump head would actually be higher than the tank. I guess priming might be a pain but that's all I've come up with so far.
I saw this thread https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=700177
and I want to do something similar. I think I'll use neons though, and not 300. Hope Mr. Barr doesn't mind some copyi...erm... flattery.
2) Will S. repens do well in this tank? Everything I've read so far seems to indicate that this plant is very adaptable to alot of conditions. So with the light I have, dosing, and CO2 hopefully it takes off. Seems like nothing goes wrong with this plant.
I have driftwood, purchased off of kijiji, so I have no idea what it is.
3) If driftwood is soft BEFORE it goes in water, should you still use it?
4) Spray bar or Lily pipe? I have the bar, don't have a lily pipe but always wanted to try one. What will give better circulation in a long tank like this?
5) Heater inline or in tank? I have both but I'm wondering what some of the pitfalls to watch out for might be if the filter is at tank level.
I think that's it... for now... maybe.