Is There A Thread Where People Are Posting Their Set-Ups? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Is There A Thread Where People Are Posting Their Set-Ups?

hey gang,
is there a thread where people are posting their setups?
i was thinking a thread where members can post a picture or two of their set-ups along with a list of their hardware / equipment. :
(what lamp they're running along with the wattage, kelvin rating, etc., filter, heater, substrate, CO2 if applicable and what method reactor / diffuser they use, etc.,etc...)

I think this would be a great opportunity to show off your tank and fruits of your efforts BUT more importantly - it will give beginners like myself a good starting point. something to copy. a template / a blueprint of sorts.

is there a "Post Your Set-up" thread already in circulation? i was thinking if it might be okay or a good idea to sticky one like that with some basic guidelines of what to include in the post.
personally i would have benefited from something like this in a HUGE way. its very difficult to jump in and go through the whole trial and error route or re-inventing the wheel as so much time and money is not a luxury you know (at least not to me anyway) and people can transition into planted aquaria a little more easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
The Journals typically include these details but they vary wildly...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

hi acitydweller!!
hmmm ...
yeah thats what i mean, a thread, one thread, that wont "vary wildly" but rather be a string of consistent posts like "my 10 gallon" > a pic or two > list of equipment, fert, fert technique > done. next > same, and so on and so on ...
i really think it would be a huge help to more people and not just myself, but also a nice way to show'em off a little too.
was hoping this sentiment might be shared by a few others and maybe even strike a chord with the mods to maybe move them to do something like that.
i think it will also help a lot in cutting down unnecessary posts and answer a lot of people questions and dispel doubts they might have just by browsing the thread and seeing what equipments are compatible for their size tank, what they'll need, etc.,etc..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
AGA aquascaping contest has to post their equipment for each tank. It likely won't tell you the color temperature of the bulb, and not the wattage, but it will have everything else.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." - Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~ 15g rimless (coming soon) ~~~ 20g rimless (coming soon)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

hi defiesexistence! thanks for chiming in.
is the "AGA aquascaping contest" a subforum here? or is that somewhere else?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
It's an organization: Aquatic Gardener's Association, and I guarantee you will lose hours browsing their aquascaping entries. Start by picking a year, then a tank size. http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." - Einstein

~~~ 15g rimless (coming soon) ~~~ 20g rimless (coming soon)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

looking forward to having a look at that tonight. thanks for the info!!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode