Can you have too much light?
I hava pico-tank (1 gallon) that is hooked up with a desk lamp (bulb is 23W fluorescent), while on the scale of WPG, this is huge. I wonder if you can have too much light, because my plants are growing and pearling, but not getting tall. There are new leaves here and there, but they seem to stop growing taller. Is too much light a problem? I keep it on for 6 hours a day only.
Also my tank had hair algae last week, i overdosed Excel and it proved successful! All of them are gone, my tank went cloudy after overdosing Excel, not sure if related to mini recycle or the excel overage, but anyhow it became very clear after 2 days. But now because the hair algae are gone, they no longer suck up the excess nutrient in the tank, i am experiencing bloom of green slime algae on the substrate, is there any chemical I can use it to treat this? I don't feed my fish often, only once in 2-3 days, bio-load is medium (6 baby feeder minnows)