a tank w/o a stand!!! what to do?
So I stupidly purchased a cube acrylic tank thats around 22x22x23 (ok not exactly a cube but close. Problem is it came w/ no stand. While craking myself over the head w/ a stick, i've been trying to come up w/ a way to use/make a stand.
My options are:
1. Custom built stand -- not sure what that would cost, or where to get it done.
2. TV stand adapted to be an aquarium stand
3. Nightstand/endtable - same as tv stand.
Here are some problems:
1. TV stand / night stands are usually pretty flimsy for a tank
2. Most of them arent deep enough so lets say 2-3 inches of the back of the tank would be suspended in the air (unless i can get a board cut to size to put on top of the stand (so the board is hanging off as well somewhat supporting the tank)
3. I cant just build a 2x4 type stand because it doesnt fit the decor of the room/house and my parents are going to throw me out together w/ the tank if the thing looks horribe. (i was going to put the tank on some construction brick stand :-)
Thanks for the help! feel free to either reply or pm ideas